The core mission of the carpenter/foreman is to ensure that current projects that they are managing are completed in a timely manner according to the set schedule. It involves daily management of any applicable sub-contractors in addition to any EBRR employees onsite. They have a “heads down” focus on doing right for the customer even if that means taking a little more time to do a task the correct way/procedure. This position involves critical thinking for project management as well as being a “hands on” carpenter. Applicants should be skilled in the installation of hardwood floors, cabinets, siding, drywall and batt or roll insulation are also a plus. S/he should be capable of working with little supervision while following all health and safety standards.
Carpenter Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to read blueprints, drawings, and sketches and to fully grasp requirements.
- Accuracy taking measurements and calculating the size and amount of material needed for a project.
- Skilled in use of all tools necessary to cut, shape and smooth lumber and other material (e.g. fiberglass) according to measurements.
- Able to build window frames, doors, staircases, brattices, and frame buildings by using raw materials or pre-constructed items.
- Able to install items such as hardwood floors, siding, cabinets, drywall, and insulation a plus
- Skills needed to lay out flooring, roofing, and drywall, ensuring they are level, plumb, and installed with as little waste possible.
- Inspect products and conduct repairs or maintenance as needed.
- Ability to assemble/build scaffolding and other needed construction structures.
Carpenter Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma.
- Significant work history as a Carpenter.
- Hands-on experience working with carpentry materials.
- Strong working knowledge of carpentry techniques and methods, including installation and construction.
- Proficient in using electrical and hand tools as well as measurement tools.
- Ability to accurately read blueprints and technical drawings.
- Willingness to comply with safety guidelines at all times.
- Solid basic math skills.
- Good physical condition, stamina, and dexterity.
- Customer Focused
- Performance & Results Driven
- Integrity in Work & Communication
- Work Ethic
- Time Management
- Able to Listen to Constructive Criticism
Weekly & Monthly Task Lists Given From Superintendent
- Weekly and monthly task lists are completed before/on the requested due date.
Heads Down Focused on The Customer
- The closeout of every job customer fills out a satisfaction survey and they give at least an 8.5 out of 10.
Documentation (paperwork, submittals, change orders, emails)
- All emails are answered in at least 48 hours : calls are returned same day : all applicable job paperwork is submitted every week to the office : any urgent job paperwork (RFIs/Change Orders and of the link are drafted/reviewed/completed in at least 48 hours).
Room for advancement!