EBI is seeking a self-motivated Structural Project Engineer to work on challenging local and nationwide projects in a client focused environment with a team of talented multi-discipline professionals. The successful candidate will have structural design experience in commercial, residential and industrial building project types, along with practical knowledge and application of building codes. This position reports to Senior Structural Project Engineer or Structural Project Manager.
- Prepare structural engineering drawings, calculations and specifications in compliance with applicable building codes (e.g. AISC, AISI, ACI, ASTM, IBC, etc.) and industry standards
- Perform structural design and analysis for all type of building materials such as: steel, concrete, masonry, wood, light gage framing and prefabricated structural systems ranging from single story to multi story structures, utilizing analytical and design software (e.g. AutoCAD, Revit, Risa, etc.)
- Conduct site surveys and field investigations to gather data on existing conditions, monitor construction progress, and punchlist completed construction
- Prepare site investigation reports and construction inspection reports
- Review and respond to trade contractor’s RFIs and shop drawings submittals
- Communicate promptly and effectively with the design project team in collaboration with multiple A/E disciplines to provide coordinated structural deliverables
- Ensure designs are in accordance with company and client production and design standards
- Perform QA/QC on others’ and own work to promote the reputation of quality work and meet clients’ expectations
- Ability to work independently and part of a team
Education and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Civil / Structural Engineering required. Master’s Degree is a plus
- 6 to 10 years progressive professional experience and minimum 2 years of licensed experience
Certifications and Licenses
- Current registration as Professional Engineer (PE) preferred. Structural Engineer (SE) registration a plus. Ability to obtain additional registration as requested
Since 1989, EBI has brought a high level of business and technical expertise to bear, developing a comprehensive suite of services and leveraging an innovative approach to blend the right experts and services to help clients successfully meet their project goals. We believe that investing in the right services provides the insights our clients need to understand each project’s specific nuances, challenges, and opportunities. EBI seeks to redefine what it means to be an environmental service provider, becoming a consultative partner collaborating with our clients to deliver forward-looking, high quality, and actionable intelligence that drives smart business decisions.
Let our nationwide network of local experts find the answers you need to make the most of every opportunity.