East End Group has sustained rapid growth throughout our continued success, and plan to expand even further. We are looking for dedicated individuals to facilitate our expansion and share in our success. The Lead Carpenter, will report to a Project Manager, and will be supported by our operations and management team .
You are a candidate if you strive for excellence in what you do. You have experience in the construction industry and are a natural leader. This is an excellent opportunity to let your skills shine while also providing you the opportunity to grow your career and develop new skills.
Working at East End Group:
East End Group specializes in all aspects of building services, general contracting, construction management and property management throughout the North East. We are a recognized leader in their industry and provide our services both nationally and locally. Our customer base ranges from commercial buildings and tenants to retail stores, hospitals, schools, construction and transportation industries, giving us the opportunity to sell our products and services to a vast majority of businesses.
We pride ourselves on our changing and dynamic environment and our employees take their jobs very seriously because they recognize that the services they provide are vital to our clients’ operations. East End Group has sustained rapid growth throughout our continued success, and we plan to expand even further. We are looking for dedicated individuals to facilitate our expansion and share in our success.
· Complete tasks according to priorities and plans;
· Maintain safe and organized job site;
· Fulfill general and daily responsibilities;
· Assist in supervision and train workers and tradespeople;
· Guarantee all safety precautions and quality standards are met;
· Basic maintenance of machinery and equipment;
· Loading and unloading of material and equipment;
· Report on progress to managers, clients, architects, engineers etc.
· Experienced: You have Carpentry skills and at least 4 years of experience. You have worked predominantly renovations and a have a proven track record of delivering projects tasks and within schedule.
· Well Rounded Craftsman: Performs a variety of skills at various sites including:
o Framing – Wood and Metal
o Finish Carpentry
o Acoustical Ceilings
o Flooring Installation
o Plastering and Taping
o General knowledge of Trades – (mechanical, electrical & plumbing, etc.)
· Problem Solver: You solve one problem after the next in the pursuit of building something great. You love the challenge of tackling difficult situations and finding solutions to meet our clients needs..
· Always Learning: You seek feedback for improvement, are open to criticism, and aren’t defensive. You don’t wait for others to open doors and make things happen for you. You learn from peer successes and seek best practices for continued self-improvement.
· Results driven: You balance craftsmanship with production, and you can be counted on to exceed goals with grace.
· Tools: You have your own tools and equipment.
· Available: You are available and eligible to start full time employment in the U.S.
Education & Experience
· 4+ years’ experience in construction with Carpentry Skills
· Proven experience as a Carpenter
· In-depth knowledge of construction procedures, equipment and OSHA guidelines
· Understanding of trade work including mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems
· Ability to read drawings, plans and blueprints
· Good physical condition and stamina with the ability to lift 65 lbs or more
· High school diploma or diploma in a skilled trade
You must be well-organized, favor safety above everything else. You will be frequently required to:
· Stand, walk, or sit for extended periods;
· Stoop, kneel, or crouch;
· Talk, hear, see, read and write;
· Use your hands and fingers to handle, feel or move objects, tools or controls;
· Use a smartphone; tablet or other device for scheduling;
· Use first aid equipment, a fire extinguisher and power and hand tools;
· Lift, move and carry objects up to 65 pounds.
East End Group provides a productive and engaged work environment that demonstrates that we value our employees. We provide paid training, competitive salary, performance-based advancement, paid vacation, paid holidays, health benefits and 401(k) as well as other great incentives.
East End Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.
EAST END GROUP