Software Engineer (Python)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
At EAB, our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We work with more than 2,500 institutions to drive transformative change through data-driven insights and best-in-class capabilities. From kindergarten to college to career, EAB partners with leaders and practitioners to accelerate progress and drive results across five major areas: enrollment, student success, institutional strategy, data & analytics, and diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I). We work with each partner differently, tailoring our portfolio of research, technology, and marketing and enrollment solutions to meet the unique needs of every leadership team, as well as the students and employees they serve.
At EAB, we serve not only our partner institutions but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their communities. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
For more information, visit our Careers page.
The Role in Brief:
This position is a remote based position or can be based in one of EAB's office locations: Washington, D.C., Birmingham, AL., or Richmond, VA.
- Work with the development manager, product managers and stakeholders to get clarification on business requirements and then implement solutions including code development and database design
- Gain an in-depth understanding of all of the team's code, systems, and tools
- Support operations by identifying, researching and resolving performance and production issue
- Ensure high quality solutions by implementing unit tests and supporting the creation and design of integration, load and user acceptance tests
- Independently break down, estimate, design, plan and deliver small and medium sized features
- Contribute to existing tech stack and actively research and advocate for new tools, technologies, and methodologies to evolve it over time
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent years of experience) and 2+ years of professional software development experience
OR Master's Degree and 1+ years of professional software development experience
- Development experience with object-oriented programming concepts in Python programming language
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and quickly learn new technologies
- Ability to work with engineers and product management teams in requirements definition, design, and development of software products
- Ability to communicate with business and technical teams both verbally and written
- Self-driven and a desire to work efficiently and produce high quality
- Interest in learning new technologies
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with PHP, Java
- Experience with GitLab, CI/CD
- Experience with Serverless Technologies (AWS Lambda)
- Experience with Terraform
- Experience with Lumen, GoLang
- Commitment to valuing diversity, practicing inclusive behaviors, and contributing to an equitable working and continual learning environment in support of EAB’s DE&I Promise
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance; dependents and domestic partners eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days of PTO annually, in addition to paid firm holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Paid parental leave for birthing or non-birthing parents
- Phase Back to Work program for employees returning from parental leave
- Infertility treatment coverage and adoption or surrogacy assistance
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and are committed to fostering a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
TechnologyView all jobs at EAB
Get fresh Python Software Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.