Illinois Division Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
We are seeking a full-time Division Manager – IL for our clients and projects in Illinois. We are headquartered just one hour south of Chicago since 1990 with additional teams in Indianapolis, IN, Durham, NC, and the New England region. The individual hired to fill this role will have an opportunity for advancement to Division Director – IL.
Our culture, structure, and leadership encourage and attract people who are capable and passionate about leading, building valued relationships, fulfilling our client's specialized needs, and going above and beyond expectations. Our top performers are those who ask the right questions at the right times. They are the ones who can put themselves in our client’s shoes and understand the big picture. They constantly hunger for something more.
Snapshot of Position:
- This position is responsible for managing and developing group members to be consistently efficient and productive to enable them to reach and maintain company values, act as a liaison with clients, and contribute ideas that advance the values, mission, and vision of E2i. This position also has a responsibility for billable project work as a process automation engineer.
Location & Travel:
- Primary Location: Manteno, IL
- Up to 10% Travel: Occasional Travel to E2i's other offices for short-term projects, commissioning activities, and training courses
Your Role’s Responsibilities:
- Design, implement and support PLC, HMI, DCS, and SCADA software for control systems and equipment
- Design, implement, and support electrical hardware systems
- Understanding manufacturing processes and process instrumentation
- Remaining a minimum of 80% billable with leadership and sales assistance
- Building good relationships with customers
- Guide division members to embody and promote E2i’s values, mission, and vision
- Responsible for two major employee areas: retention and results
- Responsible for weekly one-on-ones, feedback, mentoring, delegation, and training
- Partner with HR for guidance and policy direction to facilitate productive employees
- Partners with other managers to set a consistent and clear example of winning company culture by investing in and supporting the strategic direction set by the CEO
- Assist HR with recruiting and selecting new talent, workplace initiatives, and team-building exercises
- Participate in division meetings, convey corporate information and announcements to help keep division members connected to E2i
- Keep current with job knowledge by attending conferences and educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining professional networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Advance competency through research and study in E2i’s engineering, validation, and informatics services
- Act as a key representative in project and strategy meetings by providing technical advice and assistance as needed to project resources
Clients/Business Development (%)
- Communicate potential sales leads to Associate Manager-IN Operations
- Understand the client and work for alignment with their needs; mitigate client issues and communicate to the CEO when necessary
- As requested, represent the company in project meetings and attend strategy meetings; provide highly skilled technical advice and assistance to project resources
- Help to establish project objectives, timelines/milestones, required/recommended resources, procedures, and performance standards within the boundaries of company policy and contract specifications
- Report to the CEO on a regular basis; requesting resources, feedback on project/team statuses, etc.
- Manage a portfolio of projects using formal project planning techniques
You are Good at:
- Promoting a positive, helpful, and friendly environment with colleagues and customers
- Strong leadership ability with desire and ability to mentor and develop others
- A high degree of ethical and professional standards
- Ability to resolve difficult issues brought forward by clients and/or group members
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; effectively communicate with clients, group members, and management
- Proven ability to work effectively under pressure and within given project scopes/deadlines
What You Need for this Position:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, or related engineering field)
- 10+ years of relevant engineering experience (programming/developing/configuring PLC, HMI, DCS, and SCADA systems; experience with Rockwell, FactoryTalk View SE/ME; iFix, DeltaV, PlantPAx, PCS7, Siemens or Wonderware is a plus)
- 5+ years of project management experience
- 3+ years of management experience
What E2i Will Provide You:
- Paid vacation, holidays, personal days, sick days, and volunteer time-off
- Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, and critical care insurance
- Retirement planning with company match and 1:1 financial counseling with a Certified Financial Planner
- Reimbursements for Continuing Education, Professional Memberships, and Training
- Company events, gifts, and more
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Primarily in an office environment
- Some exposure to client mechanical and manufacturing hazards; proper PPE required when needed provided by E2i
BusinessView all jobs at E2i Inc.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?