Load Securement Specialist w/CDL
E.W. Wylie, LLC
- Posted: over a month ago
- $19 Hourly
The Load Securement Specialist with CDL’s function is to move trailers from point A to point B, doing so safely and with extreme accuracy. This position also has responsibility for properly loading and securing preloads of glass and general freight for inbound truck drivers and will follow all company and customer safety policies and procedures required to ensure safe practices.
- The Load Securement Specialist with CDL reports directly to the Load Securement Supervisor or Lead.
- The Load Securement Specialist with CDL has no direct supervisory authority.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for moving trailers from one location to another, practicing safety at all times including wearing personal protective equipment while working
- Drives courteously and defensively exhibiting a high level of skill.
- Manage time and resources effectively to achieve profitability and productivity.
- Works independently with little or no supervision.
- Perform inspections of equipment as required under Federal regulations and company policy.
- Maintain a safe driving record, follow safety protocol consistently, keeping public safety top of mind.
- Adhere to company policies while performing job duties.
- Maintain a good working relationship with the customer, co-workers and other department personnel.
- Submit all paperwork promptly as required.
- Attend ongoing training as required by the company.
- Report accidents or other incidents immediately to immediate supervisor and the safety department.
- Properly secure glass freight on trailers for safe and effective transport.
- Work closely with drivers live loading glass to ensure proper loading and securement.
- Ensure that proper channels of communication exist between the company and customers, maintaining long term positive working relationships. Communicate with other departments within the company as necessary to perform job duties.
- Report issues directly to the Lead Load Securement Specialist/Supervisor
- Other duties as assigned
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to perform assigned duties under frequent time pressures.
- Ability to remain positive during high pressure situations.
- Expert knowledge of glass equipment and its operation.
- Expert knowledge of point loading.
- Ability to lift and carry objects up to 75 pounds.
- Frequent bending, twisting and stepping up and down.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Possess a current tractor/trailer Class A commercial license.
- Possess a current DOT Medical Examiners certificate
- Must be 22 years of age or older
- Verifiable tractor/trailer driving experience – 6 months OTR required.
- One-year experience glass loading and securement.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND CONDITIONS
- Weather conditions.
- Customer Facility-Glass Plant
EQUIPMENT AND TOOLS
Tractors and trailers
Load securement products
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. The company recognizes that an individual with a disability may require an accommodation to enable him/her to successfully perform a job function. Consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
E.W. Wylie, LLC
Transportation and Storage
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?