- 23 days ago
Pipelayer Job Summary
E.K. Services Inc. is dedicated to the continuous improvement of our community's infrastructure. Our passion for excellence serves as the driving force for our safety-focused, solution-oriented approach.
Pipelayer Job Summary
The Pipe Layer works with Project Managers, Foreman, Operators, and other team members to lay out and install multiple types of piping, backfilling trenches, staging of materials, fueling equipment, obtaining, and delivering materials and equipment to the site and general daily clean-up activities while adhering to established processes for the performance of day-to day project activities using safe work practices. Eligible candidates will actively work with crew to meet company core values.
Company Core Values:
- Do the Right Thing, Always
- Find A Way or Make One
- Say What You Mean
- Exceed Customer Expectations
Pipelayer Duties and Responsibilities:
- Have experience with underground utilities consisting of sewer, water, and storm drain projects
- Planning and gathering of the necessary tools and materials
- The pipe layer is responsible for installing underground pipes, in various sizes and types for replacement projects to upgrade current utility systems
- Trenching & Excavation to include installation of the pipe positioning, joining, and aligning the pipes at proper depths, angles, and grades
- The pipe layer is essential in effectivly communicating with other team members regarding the excavating activities associated with installing the pipe to ensure work is performed safety and efficiently
- Other duties as assigned
- Work environment conditions consist of working in the sun, heat, cold, and water where the conditions could be dirty or dusty.
- Ability to climb in and out of excavations
- The ability to frequently lift 20 to 100lbs or more
- Ability to work extended hours during construction season (OT is paid at time and a half)
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends as required
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must pass Drug Screen
- DOT physical (Preferred)
- Drivers' License & Acceptable Driving Record (Preferred)
E.K. Services, Inc.
AddressNew Cumberland, PA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?