Grinder Operator-Day Shift
- Expired: 29 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
E. J. Basler in Schiller Park is looking to hire a day shift Machine Operator for our grinding department.
Sets up and operate centerless and double disc grinding machine to grind external or internal cylindrical or tapered surfaces of metal workpieces to blueprint specifications by performing the following duties.
- Reads blueprint and job order for product specifications, such as dimensions, tolerances, and number of parts to be ground, and tooling instructions, such as grinding speeds, feed rates, holding fixtures, and grinding wheels to be used.
- Mounts grinding wheel and regulating wheel on spindles with wrenches.
- Dresses wheels to specifications, using dressing device.
- Moves controls to set specified grinding speeds, feed rates, and spacing between wheel faces.
- Positions and secures work rest at specified height, using wrenches.
- Lifts and positions workpiece manually or with hoist, and secures between wheels and on work rest. Starts machine and observes operation.
- Verifies dimensions of ground workpiece for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments, such as micrometers, calipers, and preset gauges.
- Changes worn grinding wheels, using wrenches.
- May set up automatic work-feeding device. May grind nonmetallic materials. May be required to have experience with custom or production work or with particular material, product, or precision level, or with machine of particular size, type, or trade name. May use SPC techniques.
- Cleans machine, tooling and parts and removes chips from machine sumps when necessary.
- Performs preventative machine maintenance and minor repairs.
Education and Experience
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent preferred.
- 1 year of related experience
EJ Basler Co is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
E.J. Basler’s in-house teams drive results and deliver quality solutions to our Customers. Our team concept is designed to analyze and optimize areas where cost savings and production improvements can be made while also improving the quality of the products and solutions we deliver.
Our production teams actually operate as separate units that compete to create the best products and processes. Team based manufacturing is underpinned by a commitment to quality. This is backed by numerous quality systems that help us improve services, reduce waste and reduce costs throughout our organization.
With unwavering focus on customer satisfaction, E.J. Basler understands the complex nature of precision machining, and the exacting demands of the industries and customers who utilize precision machined parts and related services.
E. J. Basler Company
9511 Ainslie StSchiller Park, IL
Get fresh Grinder Machine Operator jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.