Senior Research Analyst, Energy Efficiency Technologies - REMOTE
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
**COVER LETTER REQUIRED**
Do you have a passion for making complex gas and electric technologies and data simple and clear? Are you interested in supporting utilities’ transition to clean and sustainable energy?
We’re seeking a senior technical research analyst to join the Customer Energy Solutions team within Research and Advisory. Our ideal candidate has experience in energy efficiency and renewable energy technologies and excellent writing skills to provide actionable and objective analysis for our utility clients.
E Source is a solutions-based consulting, research and advisory, and data science firm that’s been a change agent in the utility industry for over 35 years.
What you’ll do
- Serve as our in-house expert on end-use energy technologies and related utility programs, such as lighting, smart home, and/or solar
- Respond to research and advisory requests from utility members about energy technologies, trends, and programs
- Gather research from primary and secondary sources (including phone interviews, internet searches, and in-depth reading), critically analyzing the information and writing up key findings and best practices in a way that’s easy for audiences of varying technical skills to understand
- Create clear, concise, data-driven, and action-oriented content for topically focused reports, short written articles, technical briefs, webinars, and in-person events
- Engage with utility members through in-person and virtual meetings and by preparing and delivering customized presentations on various technology topics
- Assist the E Source emerging technology consulting team on an as-needed basis
- Mentor junior staff and share knowledge and experience across the company
- Represent E Source as a subject matter expert at industry conferences and events
What will make you a good fit
- A passion for digging into technical details and making them clear and easy to understand
- Demonstrated expertise with engineering principles governing energy efficiency and end-use technologies, with an emphasis on lighting, smart home, and distributed energy resources; other possible areas of interest include building envelope, C&I process technologies, community and rooftop solar, and monitoring and controls
- Experience with utility energy efficiency and end-use electrification programs and technologies
- A strong understanding of customer-centric utility demand-side management programs and how programs best meet the needs of customers
- Exceptional writing, verbal, and analytical skills—E Source differentiates itself through our readable, clear, and concise reports and presentations
- Humility and a collaborative attitude—you know there are things you don’t know, and that energizes you; you work well in a team environment and when faced with a challenge, you don’t spin your wheels alone but proactively seek support, advice, and guidance from others; and you’re happy to support others
- Rigor and discipline—you manage your time well and your coworkers can count on you to do what you say you’ll do
- Creativity and openness—you aren’t afraid to share your ideas for how we might do things differently
A little about E Source
Since 1986, E Source has focused on partnering with utilities to help their customers save electricity. That novel approach defined the art of electric end-use efficiency—better known as energy efficiency. We’ve expanded that concept to include a broader perspective of sustainability for utilities that deliver electricity, natural gas, and water.
We work to enhance relationships with the people utilities serve, achieve the next generation of savings, and lead the carbon-reduction effort. We help utilities think differently, make data useful, and learn from the best strategies across the industry. Our people, our insights, and our network help our clients and give them the assurance that the programs they implement are the most effective.
- We offer excellent insurance packages, including medical, dental, and vision plans; company-paid life insurance; company-paid long- and short-term disability insurance; and medical and dependent-care flexible spending plans.
- We provide a flexible time off (FTO) program; E Source employees can take as many paid days off per year as they need, with manager approval, while fulfilling their work obligations and ensuring proper coverage of their responsibilities.
- We offer flexible schedules, flexible work locations, and a paid parental leave benefit.
- We provide a 401(k) plan with a 3% employer match.
The budgeted salary for this position is $75,600 to $86,100 (includes base salary + annual bonus). Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
This person can work remote, a hybrid schedule, or from one of our physical office locations.
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the US or Canada. We’re unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment visas at this time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
3020 Carbon PlaceBoulder, CO
ScienceView all jobs at E Source
Get fresh Energy Research Analyst jobs daily straight to your inbox!