Interested in driving software innovation?
In this position you will be collaborating on developing cutting edge software products within a team of like-minded software engineers, data scientists, and disciplined utility experts. If you join the E SOURCE team, expect to work with what you love best – the latest of what Ember has to promise, TypeScript as a first class citizen, a robust component library, cloud infrastructure, and all within a well established Continuous Delivery and Agile Development process.
You will be a full-time employee of the E Source Software Engineering team. Our software engineering positions appeal to self-starters who welcome and excel in team-based, collaborative projects from conception to release, providing an excellent end user experience throughout. The ability to simplify complex software requirements to understandable and well communicated designs and development tasks is highly desired.
The ideal candidate has a BS or MS in a Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field of study. Work experience should consist of a proven track record of efficiently designing, developing, and releasing software product both independently and collaboratively over a 5+ year period. Exceptional educational or industry experience can offset any particular requirement.
- B.S. or M.S. in a software related field of study
- 5+ years of Front End Development Experience
- 2+ years of recent Ember Development Experience
- Typescript programming experience
- Strong background in QUnit Unit and Rendering tests.
- Debugging large and complex Ember applications using modern web tools and the Ember Inspector
- Experience with interfacing with APIs delivered via JSONAPI or HATEOAS
- Experience with Enterprise Integration Patterns using a Front End Framework
- Working with NPM, GIT, AWS, Jenkins, CICD
- Product-oriented mindset and experience
- You have a creative mind, keen ability, and the initiative to think “beyond”
Nice to Haves
- Experience with Ember Concurrency
- Working with tools like Figma or Sketch to construct User Interface mockups to describe general look and feel and user flows.
- Hands on Experience with containerization, Docker, and delivering Web Applications in a containerized environment
- Ember Octane Experience
- Experience with Yarn
- Highcharts Experience
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Why Work Here?The Data Science Division of E Source is obsessed with making data useful. We deliver high-quality, commercial-grade, and state-of-the-art predictive data science software solutions and services for the electric utility industry. Smart grid, distributed energy renewables like storage and solar, grid electrification through electric vehicles, and many other modern technology trends are up-heaving traditional business operations for utilities. E Source solutions help utilities make sense of the massive amounts of data they are collecting to maintain grid resiliency and operations efficiency in the grid of the future.
Social meaningful and impactful work; seasoned and collaborative team; and fast-moving challenging real-world problem-solving.