Unity AI Engineer, Endless Studios
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
About Endless Studios:
E-Line Media and Endless Network have formed a partnership to create a new venture (Endless Studios) that harnesses the power of games and digital creation experiences to create a Metaverse of Learning -- where youth play to learn and learn to make, as they build skills to thrive in a rapidly changing, globally connected world.
Endless Studios brings together the leadership teams and innovative platforms that the two organizations have collaborated to create. Endless Studios builds upon the current game-based learning platforms of the two companies including The Endless Mission (www.theendlessmission.com), a community-driven creation sandbox game where you can play, hack, and create within a rich narrative world and share those games with the world. The Company also leverages Terminal Two (www.terminaltwo.com), a game-based learning platform where players learn the fundamentals of coding and computational thinking through a diverse collection of games where hacking is a key mechanic.
The Company’s first service, Endless Studios (www.endlessstudios.com), operates as a highly-distributed, youth-centered game making studio where teens and young adults apprentice with game industry pros and other aspiring game makers to create games using The Endless Mission, Unity, and other creation tools.
About the position:
We are looking for someone who can help design and implement AI systems for our upcoming tiplayer game-making UGC and learning platform. The AI needs to be able to respond to dynamic user created content, as well as being customizable by end-users. We want someone with a strong knowledge of different AI methodologies, and Unity’s navigation systems as well as external solutions.
As our AI Engineer, you will …
- Help create the underlying core of the behavior tree systems that will be used across multiple upcoming products
- Analyze and optimize performance of AI
- Dynamically generate Navmeshes in a completely dynamic environment
- Create behavior tree leaf nodes for a variety of gameplay tasks specific to individual products
- Work with tools engineers to create a user facing editor for AI modding
We are looking for someone who has …
- Three or more years programming in Unity (using C#)
- Significant experience with and understanding of behavior trees
- Knowledge of pathfinding solutions, including A* and Unity’s built in NavMesh systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Shipped at least one title
It’s a bonus if you have …
- Written your own behavior trees from scratch
- Knowledge of other AI designs like GOAP, or Utility AI
- Experience with creating modding tools, or any other form of UGC tooling
- Samples of AI you’ve written, designed, or supported
- Multiplayer programming experience in any context
- Experience supporting a live service
Candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment background verification screening.
E-Line Media values diverse perspectives and voices on our teams and encourages applications from people of backgrounds that have traditionally been underrepresented in the games industry. E-Line Media provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veterans in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.