Architectural Design, ME., Cad 3-D development Positions:
E-GSI SKYLIGHT MANUFACTURING GROUP is seeking = Cad Arch. + 2 / 3-D detailers to join our drafting team in GRAYSLAKE, IL.
Work with and support Estimating, Sales, Marketing, Engineering and shop production.
We work with a wide range of creative developers, contractors and designers over the last 50 years in the commercial and high end residential market in natural daylighting systems,
Currently, we have over 20 glazing systems that are being sold to the construction market which are shipped to sites in the U.S.A. and internationally.
If you have experience in the following skill set and background and are looking for a position you can grow into with advancement potential as a team member in a dynamic environment for professional growth? Lets talk!
Position responsibilities :
- Prepare CAD drawings based on our clients design objectives, we are contracted for per our proposal, specifications and glazing system contracted.
- Specify material, hardware, glazing to be used as selected by the approving project manager.
- Create schedules using established estimating timeline requirements estimated.
- Create inventory requirements for hardware and develop pull sheets for the project required from inventory and develop purchase orders for materials that are not in inventory
- Prepare layouts, patterns and/or scaled drawings for submittals and approvals as required by contract.
- Provide the first-hand contact with the field and shop to expedite our contract.
- Maintain archived files to expedite work assigned.
- Input weekly data for each project to track the progress of the job relative to the contract.
- Communicate frequently with your team members to update the job progress or make design changes.
- Participate in design, production meetings and client discussions to expedite our contract.
- Prioritize workload and issues with the production manager to ensure we maintain the project schedule.
Applicant should have related skills levels:
- Two years in Cad design for the architectural field under CSI section #8 with product-related experience in the fenestration field.
- We provide training in the fenestration field and our product development systems if you have 2 years of AutoCAD, Solidworks, Rivit, Ironworks, sketchup or other equal related cad software.
- We value the ability to work independently to originate drawings based on limited information, providing workable solutions to highly imaginative design challenges.
- Our wide range of glazing systems and shop capabilities allows us to produce any type of natural lighting systems that the architectural and construction market may require. This position allows the candidate to grow in all areas of design and manufacturing in the fenestration field.
- Demonstrated knowledge of drafting, engineering, building techniques, mathematics, and mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to value engineer, perform self-directed product research and propose different methods of construction while meeting design intent and budget/time restrictions.
- Strong Projective Objective Communication skills both detail inhouse and with the customer, who is driven and committed.
- Be part of our production team and contribute to helping other team members in the learning process.9. Must live in the area of Lake County, Il. 60030 or within a REASONABLE DRIVING DISTANCE.
- Provide work history and payment schedule of previous positions.
- If you are looking to a position that requires commandment and the opportunity for advancement send in your application.
- Interested persons can review our product line at: www/gsiskylights.com