IT Help Desk Technician Tier 1
- Expired: August 06, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
ECC IT Solutions, a leading managed service provider and IT consultancy, based in Rockville, MD, has an immediate opening for a highly motivated, talented, and detail-oriented Tier 1 Help Desk Technician. Providing dedicated support to one of our largest clients, the Tier 1 Help Desk Technician will maintain and monitor end-user workstations and productivity on local area network. Perform a variety of maintenance, software installation, end-user support and training tasks to ensure end-user workstations and network performance meet company and user requirements. Provide support to staff on all company-supported applications. Troubleshoot computer problems, determine source, and advise on appropriate action. Complete application project-based work.
Primary duties include:
- Provides remote and onsite help desk and other related support, displaying excellent customer service skills.
- Works under the supervision of senior level staff to determine and resolve problems.
- Provide desktop support services and activities with a high level of customer satisfaction including: installation, configuration and ongoing usability of desktop computers, peripheral equipment thin clients and software.
- Configures and troubleshoots MS Office applications for clients.
- Properly configures agents to ensure reliable backup and recovery functions for client computers and laptops.
- Learns to identify and troubleshoot associated problems impacting performance and availability.
- Learns to troubleshoot and resolve client network and application issues in accordance with our Managed Service Plans (MSP).
- Maintains and updates documentation for assigned projects and systems.
- Assists in the implementation of telecommunications systems, including VOIP, cell phones and mailbox management, etc.
- Provides quality customer service to all clients in a timely and professional manner (in person, by telephone by remote desktop or via e-mail).
- On-site visits required for monthly maintenance, IT related issues, and new setups/installations.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
The candidate must possess these abilities:
- Learn quickly, multi-task and retain detailed information
- Work under time pressure, maintaining a professional attitude, meeting deadlines while resolving issues swiftly with the highest level of client satisfaction
- Work independently and in a team environment
- Dependability with regards to attendance and punctuality
- Successfully handle routine day-to-day matters as well as complex technical issues independently, assuming responsibility without constant direct supervision
- Strong computer, organizational, communication, and time management skills
- Initiative to perform self-review for completeness and accuracy
- Experience working with senior level executives
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Position requires a minimum of 1-2 years of service desk experience
- Ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical personnel
- Ability to install, configure and maintain personal computers, networks and related hardware and software
- Qualified candidates must be eligible to work for any employer in the United States
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Computer Science or related field
- CCNA, MCSE, or similar certification preferred
As an ECC IT Solutions employee, you will be able to learn, lead, serve and be recognized for your contributions. Individuals who thrive at ECC IT Solutions are motivated, talented, serious, and diligent and want to join and remain a part of a winning team. Our goal is to provide rewarding career opportunities and invest in the success of our employees. We offer opportunities for career advancement and continued education, a great employee benefits package, and a relaxed work environment.
About ECC IT Solutions:
ECC IT Solutions delivers cost-effective and results-driven managed IT support services, network security, cloud computing, storage protection, disaster recovery, computer upgrade and support services, and IT infrastructure assessment and design. We work closely with clients to bring specialized knowledge, invaluable skills, and certified professionals to address their critical technology and business process needs. For more information about ECC IT Solutions, please visit https://eccitsolutions.com and follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
E Cohen & Co
TechnologyView all jobs at E Cohen & Co