Quality Control Technician
Dystar Roselawn, OH
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- Perform routine laboratory Quality Control functions, including wet chemical, physical, and instrumental analysis to make sure products meet specifications
- Conform safe laboratory practices in accordance with Chemical Hygiene Plan and Chemical Plant requirements and regulations.
- Maintain working knowledge of testing procedures, protocols, and priorities for two production areas. Following laboratory operating procedures
- Compute cuts and give instructions to production as required
- Enter data into spreadsheets, perform housekeeping duties stocking levels for laboratory chemicals
- Assist with testing & calibrating lab equipment
- Recognize and report any food safety issues
- Must be able to work overtime and on weekends
- Any other duties as assigned
Required Experience regarding the job
- Bachelor’s degree of applied science or Chemistry / Associates Degree of Applied Science or Chemistry with at least 3 years experience
- Basic laboratory knowledge – e.g. weighing, pipetting, PPE safety. Familiarity with lab instrumentation such as UV/Vis, HPLC, UPLC, GC also is helpful.
- Basic math skills – e.g. working with percentages
- PC literacy – e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be a self-starter with a “can-do attitude” that can work independently with minimal supervision
- Good communication skills, attention to detail, and multi-tasking skills
- Good housekeeping and organization skills
- Must work well with others
The DyStar Group is a leading dyestuff & chemical manufacturer and solution provider, offering customers across the globe a broad portfolio of colorants, specialty chemicals, and services. With a heritage of more than a century in product development and innovation for the textile industry, DyStar also caters to multiple sectors including the paints, coatings, paper and packaging industries. Its expansion into the food & beverages and personal care sectors reinforces the company’s position as a specialty chemical manufacturer.
2235 Langdon Farm Road CincinnatiRoselawn, OH
ManufacturingView all jobs at Dystar