Dynata has an exciting opportunity for a newly created role on our global marketing team for a Director, Corporate Communications. This position reports to the EVP of Marketing and will lead external communications globally for the Company. The successful candidate will build the strategic communications plan (including PR, corporate reputation and crisis communications) and execute across earned, owned, paid and shared channels.
- Develop and implement public relations, corporate communications strategies, and original programs to support business priorities and drive revenue.
- Create innovative strategies to help increase brand awareness, thought leadership and maximize business results.
- Drive proactive media relations and maintain relationships with key media that are important to the brand. Pitch media for interview stories, timely insights and bylines.
- Lead development of high-quality materials, including press releases, media pitches, executive bios, talking points and briefing books.
- Act as the main media contact for the Company and handle media related queries.
- Serve as the day-to-day contact for executives on talking points, media opportunities, etc.
- Serve as a liaison and in-house communications counselor within the various teams at Dynata to ensure consistency of message and to leverage opportunities to work collaboratively across the communications landscape.
- Supervise the media monitoring and analytics for relevant Company activity and coverage.
- Work closely with internal communications to ensure a consistent voice across media, social and internal communications.
- Stay abreast on industry and market trends as well as new and emerging technologies and services within the communications space to find new opportunities for the Company's visibility.
- Support on crisis communications on an as-needed basis
- Partner with and manage external agency partner
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Strong media relations acumen and editorial skills with expertise in creating news stories that resonate with media
- Excellent writing, editing and presentation skills
- Ability to persuade and influence
- Willingness to be a team player and a self-starter
- Exceptional organizational skills and an ability to multi-task and be flexible
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a corporate communications role either in-house (preferably for B2B companies), or at a PR agency
- Experience working in a high-profile role and interacting with C-Suite executives on a frequent basis
- Experience of partnering with external agencies
- Experience working across regions/countries/multi-office operation
Dynata is one of the world's leading providers of first-party data contributed by consumers and business professionals. With a reach that encompasses 60+ million people globally and an extensive library of individual profile attributes collected through surveys, Dynata is the cornerstone for precise, trustworthy quality data. The company has built innovative data services and solutions around its core first-party data offering to bring the voice of the customer to the entire marketing spectrum, from market research to marketing and advertising. Dynata serves nearly 6,000 market research agencies, media and advertising agencies, consulting and investment firms, and healthcare and corporate customers in North America, South America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific. For more information, go to www.dynata.com.
Dynata is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet