Senior Fund Accountant - Private Equity / Venture Capital
Dynamo has provided industry-tailored, highly configurable investment management, reporting and data management solutions to the global alternative investment industry since 1998. Dynamo provides SaaS solutions across the private investment landscape including fund administrators, endowments, pension funds, foundations, private equity and venture capital funds, real estate investment firms, hedge funds, prime brokers, funds of funds, and family offices. The Dynamo™ platform has improved the productivity of fundraising, deal, research, investor servicing, portfolio management, and compliance teams worldwide. Collectively, Dynamo's 1,000+ clients manage over $10 trillion in assets.
The Company's proprietary Dynamo Accounting™ software provides easy access to all firm information from one intuitive interface, handles complex fund structures and economic arrangements, and provides best of breed reporting. Dynamo Software's experienced team of accounting professionals offers a full range of implementation and outsourcing services tailored to each client's needs and budget. Clients include venture, buy-out, fund of funds, SBICs, family offices, and other private equity firms with assets under management ranging from under $200 million to multi-billion.
Although we operate as a unified team, our Dynamo Accounting team effectively has two practices:
- Dynamo Accounting licensing and related implementation & support services
- Outsourced Accounting and Reporting Services
This position is within the Outsourced Accounting and Reporting Services practice (the "Outsourcing Practice") and reports to a Fund Controller or Senior Manager within our Outsourcing Practice. The Outsourcing Practice focuses on private equity and provides customized bundles of accounting and reporting services to our clients, which include, but are not limited to, entry of all accounting transactions and related recordkeeping; preparation and e-delivery of quarterly unaudited financial statements and investor reports; preparation and e-delivery of investor capital calls and distributions; coordination of annual audits, including drafting the footnotes to the audited financials; coordination of annual partnership income tax returns and e-delivery of Schedule K-1s to investors; maintenance of clients' online investor portals; responding to ad hoc questions from clients and their investors; administering the treasury function including lines of credit.
- Monitor cash transactional activity and assure that related accounting entries are accurate, timely, and consistently recorded. Prepare monthly/weekly bank reconciliations, as appropriate.
- Assist with the quarterly closing process, including gathering and confirming NAV statements from underlying investment partnerships for fund of funds clients. Publish preliminary financial and investor reports and perform initial checks and formatting thereof. Upon receipt of client approvals, assemble final reports and distribute using appropriate means for each client (either email mail merge or portal or both).
- Publish and perform an initial review of periodic client reports, such as weekly reports and notices.
- Assist with capital call and distribution processing, including issuing mail merge notices to client investors and processing capital call receipts.
- Manage client investor portals and related requests from client investors.
- Assist with preparation of work papers in support of the annual audit of client records, including coordinating all investment and other confirmation requests.
- Assist with the coordination of work papers in support of annual partnership income tax returns and Schedule K-1s. Assist in compiling K-1 header information for a tax preparer, responding to tax preparer requests for additional information, and the electronic delivery of K-1s
- Assist with ad hoc requests for additional research and analysis.
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in accounting
- CPA (strongly preferred)
- Experience in private equity or partnership investment accounting (strongly preferred)
- Technical interest/ aptitude, including strong Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Capable of working independently while juggling multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to have an IMPACT. Good ideas come from everyone in our organization and we are agile enough to embrace new ideas and directions
- The opportunity to gain knowledge and experience in the rapidly growing financial services and alternative assets industry
- A very attractive work culture in an established technology company - we take pride in our work and people
- A flexible work environment with opportunities for remote/ hybrid work or flexible hours
- Excellent health insurance program for you and your family
Dynamo Software, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions and personnel actions at the Company are administered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, qualified mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic carrier status, any veteran status, any military service, any application for any military service, or any other category or class protected by federal, state or local laws. All employment decisions and personnel actions, such as hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, and termination, are and will continue to be administered in accordance with, and to further the principle of, equal employment opportunity.
Dynamo SoftwareWatertown, MA
Finance and Insurance
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.