Dynamis is seeking a Proposal Writer to support corporate business development and proposals in a high-volume proposal department. The successful candidate will have at least three years of experience supporting Federal proposal efforts. The candidate will provide support across all of Dynamis’ business units with comprehensive proposal support including but not limited to coordination, writing, editing, reviewing, and compiling. Knowledge of the Federal acquisition process, Government Wide Acquisition Vehicles (GWACs), and the Shipley Federal Proposal Process are greatly preferred.
- Spend 75% of your time writing and editing proposals and responses to Requests for Proposal (RFPs), Requests for Information (RFIs), Sources Sought Notices (SSNs), White Papers, etc., and 25% of your time developing market-facing slicks and marketing collateral for a Federal Government audience.
- Determine proposal concepts by studying requests for proposal (RFPs, RFIs, SSNs, etc.), attending strategy meetings, and speaking with subject matter experts.
- Gather proposal information by identifying sources of information and interviewing subject matter experts (SMEs) to understand their areas of expertise and develop publications concept that clearly communicate their knowledge.
- Develop proposal content by assembling information and creating solutions/outcomes/benefits outlines and writing compelling text with win themes and differentiators. Improve proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplates
- Organize and prepare information and data to write a variety of technical publications for a Federal Government audience requiring in-depth knowledge and understanding of information technology and management consulting services.
- Support the opportunity Proposal Manager throughout the proposal process, meeting proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval, coordinating requirements with contributors, and contributing proposal status information during development and review meetings.
- Collaborate with the Proposal Coordinator in the planning, scheduling, and development of proposals. Support the Proposal Coordinator in documenting the proposal development processes and procedures in a company standard operating procedure.
- Support opportunity Capture Managers in opportunity solution development sessions in advance of the proposal phase.
- Write, revise, and edit drafts of Federal, State, Local, and private sector business proposal responses (including executive summaries and technical, management, corporate past performance, resume, and pricing volumes), white papers, responses to RFIs, SSNs, and marketing material.
- Edit documents and technical literature prepared by Dynamis staff members for content, coverage, clarity, and voice consistency, recommending revisions and editorial standards as appropriate.
- Maintain quality results by using templates, following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone, and maintaining proposal support databases.
- Contribute to proposal graphics development, supports marketing efforts by developing and writing market collateral materials, and assisting in the design and content maintenance of the company website.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Marketing, Economics, Communications, English, Journalism, or a comparable/related area.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Three years’ experience with Microsoft Office products, including MSWord, Powerpoint, and Excel.
- Three years of technical proposal writing experience in response to Federal Government RFPs, RFIs, Sources Sought Notices, and related proposal products.
- One to three years of related technical or proposal writing/editing experience.
- Understanding of proposal concepts, and the business development lifecycle.
- Understanding of the Federal contracting market and government proposals.
- Experience working with subject matter experts and graphic designers to create compelling written products.
- Experience generating content for new business development materials and websites.
- Experience writing technical proposals for software development, information technology operations, cloud, etc. is desired.
Dynamis IncFalls Church, VA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.