Information Technology (IT) Support Specialist
Dynamis is seeking an Information Technology (IT) Support Specialist to maintain our technology environment and ensures all technology elements are operating effectively so that end users can remain focused on client delivery. This position provides all levels of information technology consulting, planning, support, and services to support Dynamis Headquarters; serves as the primary leader; managing and administering computing and information technology strategic plans, policies, computer services, network activities, internet, telephony, configuration, deployment, support vendors and management information services of all corporate technologies to accomplish corporate goals and objectives.
- Assist with the preparation of recommendations for system improvements, optimization, development, and/or maintenance efforts in the following specialties: information systems architecture, networking; telecommunications, automation; communications protocols
- Answering end user questions by applying knowledge of computer software, hardware, networks, and established procedures
- Deploys, installs, troubleshoots, repairs, and maintains all technology equipment and peripherals
- Maintains accurate inventory of technology equipment
- Performs system administration work to include user account management and installation of approved software.
- Create and update E-mail and Contact Lists for Outage Distribution Notification, scheduled maintenance, and unscheduled outages.
- Perform Account Maintenance (new user accounts, disabling old accounts, password resets and account unlock requests) for all applications.
- Implements emerging technologies, monitors progress, and reports findings to departmental leadership.
- Working with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software
- Testing software and hardware to evaluate ease of use and whether product will aid end user in performing work
- Create and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Escalation Procedures and Work Instructions
- Serve as the assigned owner of all incidents reported by staff and ensure resolution in a timely and effective manner.
- Maintains accurate inventory of technology equipment
- Meet and maintain service level agreements
- Develops and maintains knowledge articles and related technical documentation
- Responds to the needs and questions of network users; troubleshoots, diagnoses, and fixes hardware and/or software problems.
- Supports the selection, purchase, implementation/setup, usage, and maintenance of hardware and software.
- Participate in setup and implementation of new systems, upgrades, or modifications including evaluation and testing. Act as a resource for others in determining system configurations or modifications to meet internal needs or external requirements.
- Basic understanding of Azure AD, DNS, DHCP, and network printing in a Windows environment
- Manage O365 users and licensing
- Configure Windows 10+ and patch management
- Ensure all issues are properly logged in the tracking system and resolution is reached within the agreed upon timeframe
- Perform root cause analysis
- Prepare accurate and timely reports to include metrics
- Monitor company IT infrastructure and respond to incidents.
- Implement agreed changes in infrastructure to meet business needs.
- Manage relationships with IT vendors, identifying issues and updates to be addressed.
- Keep up to date with the latest technologies and trends and propose changes where necessary.
- Support onboarding and offboarding requests for users
- Participate in regulatory certification processes, including remediation where necessary.
- Maintain enterprise IT infrastructure and services.
- Identifies technical or process improvements and problematic trends in system administration and/or service delivery.
- Participation in team meetings and projects as a technical resource
- Assist with various projects as needed
- U.S. Citizen
- Ability to obtain/maintain Top Secret Clearance, current clearance preferred
- BA/BS in relevant field
- Excellent customer service skills, dedicated, responsible, positive, and professional demeanor.
- Able to exercise independent judgment and problem-solving skills when determining the nature of an issue, how to resolve it, and when to ask for assistance.
- Experience with DOD RMF (Risk Management Framework)
- Experience with security controls implementation such as CMMC (Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification)
- Experience with IT systems migrations, such as Microsoft commercial to GCC (Government Community Cloud)
- Demonstrates ability to take initiative and to handle new duties with limited direction; determines and set work priorities; maintains confidentiality; works independently; responds calmly and efficiently when under pressure and/or frequent interruptions; collaborates effectively with many different audiences
- Strong oral and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills; Ability to determine and set work priorities, maintain confidentiality, work independently, and work effectively during periods of heavy workloads and tight deadlines
- Proficient with Active Directory
- Proficient on latest versions of Windows Server software and Azure platform
- Experience Apple Mac hardware, MacOS software and Apple device management.
- Knowledge of, or ability to quickly learn, instructional technology requirements.
- Must be able to communicate effectively verbally, written with top Executives, President, Vice President, staff, and employees on a regular basis.
- Ability to take initiative, achieve results while adapting to changes.
- Experience leading and managing IT projects and rolling out IT infrastructures across various technologies.
- Excellent working knowledge of computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems, and phone systems
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills
- A firm grasp on IT infrastructure and operations best practices
Dynamis, Inc.Falls Church, VA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.