Dynamic Workforce Solutions Jackson, TN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Operations Manager
Reports to: Project Director
Position Classification: Exempt
Office Location: Southwester Tennessee Locations
EXPERIENCE EXTREME CUSTOMER SERVICE
About the Company
Dynamic Workforce Solutions (DWFS) contracts with state and local entities to provide services that offer the communities we serve reliable workforce development and training solutions that result in talented, well-trained people positioned for tomorrow's jobs. Our innovative approach to delivering services, passion for the work we do and commitment to ongoing quality have defined over three decades of exceptional results.
Our people feel they are part of something way bigger than just a job. We commit to delivering Extreme Customer service in order to provide outstanding outcomes for the people and businesses we serve.
Primary Objectives of Position: Assist the Project Director in ensuring that all current operations are meeting the requirements of the funding source, and utilize coaching strategies to ensure that the performance goals and objectives for the region are being met or exceeded.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for the coordination of assigned programs and management of services within those programs.
- Coach and lead project staff to meet or exceed performance goals, including ensuring that staff members perform thorough, accurate review of all case files, that staff have no disallowed costs and that staff members are aware of performance goals and understand consequences of not meeting performance.
- Manage and conduct analysis of workforce activities to evaluate compliance with policies and procedures and adherence to contract requirements.
- Communicate effectively with management and appropriate staff regarding areas of improvement and provide recommendations or suggestions for enhancements.
- Responsible for the planning and implementation of quality management model for continuous improvement and customer satisfaction.
- Use board approved systems and all available data sources to analyze and support performance activities and ensure appropriate action is followed to correct deficiencies.
- Welcome and addresses customer complaints as they occur, objectively and utilizing Extreme Customer Service guidelines.
- Ensure that the Center is appropriately engaging industry sectors to meet/exceed customer expectations and that all members of the Community, including the partners, are collaborating to meet the objectives of the Center and the needs of employers and job seekers.
- Evaluate and understand all performance goals to effectively impact each performance measure, establish procedures to ensure all staff are following all prescribed strategies to impact performance measures.
- Develop and maintain effective teamwork strategies.
- Identify and address needs for staff training.
- Identify and fill open positions in a timely manner, hire and promote employees based on sound decision making ability, evaluate and recommend personnel actions fairly and quickly, deliver timely coaching focused on improving performance.
- Utilize Extreme Customer Service behaviors in all interactions with internal and external customers.
Other Job Duties: Other duties and special projects as needed to meet overall company objectives. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may be requested to perform other reasonable related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required. The company reserves the right to revise or change job duties as business requirements dictate. It is also understood that the company reserves the right to change work schedules as required, including requiring overtime.
Physical Demands/Work Environment: Physical requirements include carrying/lifting up to 5 pounds, frequently; up to 10 pounds, regularly; and up to 25 pounds, occasionally. Visual acuity, speech and hearing; hand and eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to drive an automobile and operate computer keyboard and basic office equipment; subject to carrying, lifting, twisting and reaching to perform essential job functions. Working conditions are primarily in an office environment with occasional travel to other locations.
Required Competencies: Extreme Customer Service focus, ability to utilize coaching techniques to drive exceptional performance and quality results, learning orientation, communication proficiency, teamwork orientation, technical capacity
Education: Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Human Services, Business, Education or Human Resource field or equivalent.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years in a supervisory or management capacity with 5 years of progressive responsibility in Workforce Development programs preferred. Solid working knowledge of Workforce Investment Opportunity Act (WIAO) legislations and regulations and strong business knowledge of customer service best practices and performance management techniques required. Experience in training and coaching/mentoring strongly preferred.
Skills/Abilities: Progressive responsibility in management and workforce development program operations. Requires ability to generate respect and trust from staff and external constituencies. Requires project management, organizational, personnel, problem solving and data analysis skills, along with an ability to meet deadlines as required by our employees and customers. High level of communications skills and the ability to work with minimal direction. Need strong technical skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
Additional Requirements: Must have valid driver's license and adequate vehicle insurance coverage.
Benefits: Insurance: Health, Life, Dental and Disability, PTO, Paid Holidays, 401K, Flexible Spending Account, Tuition Assistance
Diversity is at the heart of our business. It is key to our people's passion for serving individuals and communities who seek to build a stronger workforce. We strive to create a work environment that provides all our team members with equal access to information, development, and opportunity. Furthermore, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is deeply rooted in the values instilled by our Four Cornerstones and commitment to Extreme Customer Service. We recognize that differences in age, race, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, physical ability, thinking style and background bring richness to our work environments. Such differences help us connect better with the workforce development needs of people we serve in our communities. We believe that attracting, developing, and retaining a base of employees that reflects the diversity of our customers is essential to our success.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Dynamic Workforce Solutions
BusinessView all jobs at Dynamic Workforce Solutions