Business Services Specialist
- $18 Hourly
Job Title: Business Services Rep/ Career Coach
Position Classification: Non-exempt
Location: Washington Heights Workforce C, Chicago, IL
Responsible for developing working relationships with employers in the following business sectors: manufacturing, hospitality, trades, transportation, social services, retail, health care, computer information, education, business, and other in-demand occupations as needed. Functions as the central focus of services to job seekers and referred customers. Coordinates with the Operations Manager and staff in cultivating employer contacts who will provide job seekers with career opportunities available in the communities where we do business. Provides eligibility determination, orientation, and assessment for Adult and Dislocated Worker programs under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA). Orients, interviews, and counsels customers.
- Establishes a liaison and interacts with private and public agencies, businesses, and the employer community.
- Effectively and accurately communicates an overview of WIOA programs and services.
- Demonstrates knowledge of services, labor market information, and multi-program services within the scope of duties.
- Assists participants with job-seeking and hiring processes.
- Provides career counseling and community outreach related to in-demand industry sectors and occupations.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with employers, labor organizations, economic development agencies, American Job Center program partners, and training and education providers.
- Represents the delegate agency in community projects as well as in public, social, and business gatherings.
- Establishes and maintains a network of linkages to realize the agency's workforce-development objectives, using knowledge of consumers'/employers' changing attitudes and opinions as well as workforce and economic trends.
- Accurately interprets and communicates assessment results to participants.
- Matches job seekers with internships and work experience opportunities.
- Develops individual employment plans (IEPs) and objective assessment summaries (OAS) for customers.
- Reviews and compares work-experience work plans on file.
- Responsible for recruiting employers for on-the-job training and paid/unpaid work experience sites.
- Keeps the staff and Operations Manager apprised of significant trends, issues, and concerns regarding workforce development.
- Collaborates with the Business Services Team on any one-stop center visits by key industry leaders.
- Provides career counseling, job development, and placement assistance to a personal caseload of participants.
- Implements client-management system to successfully route participants through various stages, resulting in the completion of IEP goals as applicable.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in education, business, or related field or equivalent experience, preferably in business/sales
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from participants, regulatory agencies, or members of community agencies and the business community
- Ability to effectively present ideas and give detailed briefings and training classes to staff, management, public groups, and customers
- Ability to write effectively, using correct English, while preparing memos, letters, reports, and customer case notes
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentage
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of labor market and other allied information to facilitate the career-development and case-management process
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer proficiency
Minimum Eligibility Qualifications
- If the position requires driving, a valid driver's license in the state of employment with an acceptable driving record is required
- I-9 documentation required to verify authorization to work in the United States
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug test and background check
This job description is not a comprehensive listing of all duties or responsibilities that are required for this position and may be updated. In the event of a change of duties, the employee will be notified.
Diversity is at the heart of our business. It is key to our people's passion for serving individuals and communities who seek to build a stronger workforce. We strive to create a work environment that provides all our team members with equal access to information, development, and opportunity. Furthermore, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is deeply rooted in the values instilled by our Four Cornerstones and commitment to Extreme Customer Service. We recognize that differences in age, race, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, physical ability, thinking style and background bring richness to our work environments. Such differences help us connect better with the workforce development needs of people we serve in our communities. We believe that attracting, developing, and retaining a base of employees that reflects the diversity of our customers is essential to our success.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Dynamic Workforce Solutions is an equal opportunity employer/program and auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
Dynamic Workforce SolutionsChicago, IL
BusinessView All Dynamic Workforce Solutions Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.