This is a FULL TIME position, must have flexible availability.
PRIMARY FUNCTION/GENERAL PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The primary responsibility of this position is to perform patient care duties involved in a variety of technical procedures applying ionizing radiation, for a radiological diagnosis.
This position also requires performance of non-radiological procedures, which are EKGs, Holter Monitors and Pace Maker Checks
This position serves the following patient populations: Adults –geriatrics- and young males and females.
- EMPLOYMENT QUALIFICATIONS:
- Completion of a 24 month approved radiological technology program or equivalent.
- Registered with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (A.R.R.T.)
- Indiana Radiology License
- ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs the following duties related to Mobile Imaging which includes but not limited to:
- Prepares and assures that physician and patient orders are accurate and are forwarded to the office as required in a timely manner.
- Assures that the equipment is available and in working order( in the vans) prior to shift start, and shift end.
- Sets, adjusts, manipulates and controls a variety of electronic equipment to obtain diagnostic images to include EKG’s and Holter Monitor
- Is cognizant of patient’s suspected pathology as reported by Nurse/M.D.(noted on the patient request form)
- Analyzes patient’s general body size, physical condition and age and any abnormalities in order to determine proper electronic and technical factor/s.
- Positions and handles patient with high degree of safety and professionalism.
- Provides protection in accordance with prescribed safety standards. Sets up radiation protective shielding required for maximum protection in accordance with National Council on Radiation Protection relating to medical use of ionizing radiation and appropriate state laws.
- Determines and selects proper electronic and technical factors which safeguard the patient, x-ray tube and equipment.
- Directs and practices sterile technique to prevent cross-contamination. Reports immediately any malfunction, necessary adjustment or repairs of equipment to direct supervisor.
- Supervises and evaluates activities of student radiographers as assigned for training.
- Performs record keeping and related functions which include but not limited to: Assures accurate information on patient exams and performs exam as ordered by the ordering physician. (CMS/Medicare/Medicaid rules)
- Assures that the x-ray , physician order and the face sheet is forwarded to the office via Turbo-scan or fax prior to leaving the facility in order to minimize the waiting time for Radiological interpretation, and result reporting.
- Delivers discs, EKGs etc. to reading groups. Also delivers request forms as requested by facilities.
- Performs other office duties as requested and as time permits.
FOLLOWS JOINT COMMISSION NATIONAL PATIENT SAFETY GOALS
To include hand washing and patient identifiers.
- WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Works in an area where there is potential radiation exposure, but which is monitored by radiation badges.
- Works in an areas where there is potential infectious disease exposure, but which requires the technologist to use safety precautions-gloves, masks, hand disinfectants, and to follow precautionary measures as required by the facility.
- Requires hand washing on a regular basis
- Requires viewing a CRT.
- Requires moving x-ray equipment and EKG machine in and out of the Vans.
- Requires driving on a daily basis.
- Requires lifting and manipulating patient furnishings to acquire proper positioning for x-rays exams.