Dynamic Integrated Services (DIS) is currently seeking an experienced Graphic Designer to join our Strategic Communications and Integrated Marketing Practice. The person will be responsible for defining and influencing strategy and supporting our clients by creating graphics and multimedia products in support of government communications and outreach campaigns. Work may involve healthcare, benefits and information technology support with a focus on Veterans and service members.The right individual should be intellectually curious; a problem-solver who is creative and passionate about delivering high quality and engaging products for our clients and those they serve. Must be a team player who collaborates well with others, and who is also a strong individual contributor.
DIS is a proud Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business based in the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan area providing management consulting services to the Federal Government and organizations supporting federal agencies. With many years of public sector expertise, DIS offers client services and support in the areas of Strategic Communications and Integrated Marketing, Information Technology, and Human Capital Management and Organizational Development.
At DIS, we are team oriented, continuous learners, hard-working, creative thinkers, and most of all'kind people. We're a different kind of company with a truly unique culture, one that values our employees and shares a passion for serving our clients. If that sounds like you too, then we'd really like to meet you.
- Work directly with clients and in coordination with team to design and execute communications campaigns that accomplish established objectives and leverage a wide variety of communication and marketing tools, methods and strategies.
- Generate creative and original ideas for reaching and engaging target audiences and communicating key messages. Conceive, develop, and produce effective creative materials for internal and external communications campaigns.
- Create a broad range of art deliverables such as custom graphics, illustrations, and materials development (materials may include fact sheets, flyers, posters, web banners, icons, infographics, and diagrams depicting client programs or products)
- Oversee products from inception to completion.
- Develop website content and graphics, such as images, icons, banners, audio enhancements, etc.
- Create and present storyboards of ideas, including for video production.
- Develop and format Microsoft Office document templates for reports, presentations and proposals.
- Remediate flash files, PDF documents, Web and Microsoft Office documents to meet 508 compliance standards and testing
- Ensure consistent branding on all materials prior to client delivery
- Act as visual storyteller, offering creative solutions based on written and visual content
- Maintain strong awareness of digital content delivery trends and tools.
- Think critically and apply customer and industry insight to solve client problems creatively and quickly
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Master of Arts degree or Master of Business Administration preferred. Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design, Fine Arts, Photography, Communications, Media, or related field at a minimum.
- 6-8 years of experience working for a Creative Agency, PR/Marketing Agency, communications and marketing practice, government and/or government contractor, or non-profit
- Excellent samples of work must be available electronically for review
- Skilled use of design software applications included in the most current version of Adobe Creative Suite, including but not limited to Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign in support of graphic design, video production, and other multimedia deliverables.
- Strong graphic design skills and the ability to design and develop in multiple print and digital mediums
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint to develop, design, and/or format reports, create templates, infographics, and diagrams
- Strong understanding of typography, layout, color, and aligning new materials to existing branding guidelines
- Multimedia video experience: perform technical post-production and editorial functions for video or photography, including processing, delivery and archiving; importing, rough cuts, graphic design & compositing, audio sweetening, color correction, final cut and final delivery (including web-based channels such as YouTube and Vimeo).
- Web design or development experience
- Knowledge of Adobe Flash and Captivate
- Section 508 compliance experience
- Meticulous attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Must be a team player with strong interpersonal skills, able to work in team setting or independently
- Ability to organize, coordinate, and deliver multiple complex projects/prioritiesand keep them on deadline
- Strong work ethic with a commitment to client service excellence
- Applicants must have the legal right to work in the US for any employer as sponsorship is not available for this position
- Ability to obtain a US government security clearance
- Preference will be given to qualified Veteran candidates
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
- Prior government contractor experience
- Experience in health, benefits, IT communications and/or with Veteran and/or military audiences
- Experience with Human Centered Design
Salary is commensurate with experience.
*DIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment may request such accommodation(s).
Job Posted by ApplicantPro