DIS is a proud Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business based in the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan area providing management consulting services to the Federal Government and organizations supporting federal agencies. With many years of public sector expertise, DIS offers client services and support in the areas of Strategic Communications and Integrated Marketing, Information Technology, and Enterprise Optimization.
Dynamic Integrated Services (DIS) is looking for a seasoned senior strategic communications leader capable of leading large Federal Government contracts in the information technology space. DIS is currently seeking a Communications Project Director for a large-scale strategic communications effort to join our Strategic Communications and Integrated Marketing practice. We are seeking a key member of our leadership team that can lead a critical, client-facing program in support of senior executives in the federal government. We need proven leadership and implementation skills at the intersection of strategic communications, marketing, research and technology who has demonstrated experience building trusted relationships with senior clients.
The ideal candidate will have experience in managing complex projects with multiple teams delivering results in strategic communication planning, strategic messaging, developing and disseminating materials, and utilizing traditional and nontraditional social marketing, media and communications strategies.He/she should have significant experience in successfully managing multifaceted project management and communications campaigns involving executive communications, stakeholder engagement, media, digital/social media program and materials development among others. They should be a strong strategist, writer and manager of projects, teams and partners.
At DIS, we are team oriented, continuous learners, hard-working, creative thinkers, and most of all, kind people. We're a different type of company with a truly unique culture, one that values our employees and shares a passion for serving our clients. If that sounds like you too, then we'd really like to meet you.
Working collaboratively with project staff, the Communications Project Director will work as a trusted advisor for the Federal government. Specifically, the Communications Project Director will be responsible to:
- Steward relationships with senior executive level clients to coordinate and manage expectations for deliverables, statement of work, and scope of contract
- Develop and implement a Department level communication strategy, which has an overarching and unifying vision to meet business goals and objectives
- Establishpartnerswith national and regional public affairs teams to amplify key messaging
- Builds strong networkof digital and media and influencer relationships aligned to promote and market Department priorities
- Improve two-way communicationfor internal and external stakeholders to support greater education and awareness of communication campaigns or products
- Evaluate and measure communicationthrough digital tools to assess the impact of communications programs to refine activities
- Ensure trending tactics, best practices, and leading methodologies are integrated across communication program
- Provide oversight on communications and research activities such as communications planning, stakeholder assessment, research, collateral material development, multimedia engagement, events and meetings, partnership development, outreach, website management, program evaluation, and/or social media, and executive communications
- Manage financial requirements, human capital resources, and program support for large mixed matrixed communication contract
- Provide oversight on planning and executing events such as press conferences, satellite media tours, media briefings and editorial board meetings
- Coordinate, track, monitor, and evaluate communications and marketing activities
- Coordinate and lead meetings with clients
- Coordinate projects and activities with other departments, partner organizations, external spokespeople/influencers and other stakeholders
- Generate creative and original ideas for reaching and engaging target audiences and communicating key messages
- Maintain project documentation and financials, including project schedule and budget
- Lead business development activities and proposal development outside of client responsibilities, which includes actively networking and build relationships with clients and partners to determine market opportunities for business growth
- Manage a large team of matrixed project teams of communication analysts, graphic designers, and writers
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Exceptional strategic planning and project management skills and ability to implement communications and marketing activities, including developing communications plans, strategies, messages, and tactics as part of an outreach or education campaign
- Experience managing teams of people, as well as contracts and projects
- Excellent writing and verbal communications skills, with the ability to distill complex information into compelling messages
- Creative and analytical thinking skills
- Strong oral communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated experience working with executive client leadership building trusted partner relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively and collaborate with subject matter experts
- Ability to multi-task and work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of business development and proposal writing
- Able to manage and deliver on multiple projects/priorities at the same time
- Strong work ethic with a commitment to client service
- Applicants must have the legal right to work in the U.S. for any employer as sponsorship is not available for this position
- Ability to obtain a U.S. government security clearance
- Preference will be given to qualified Veteran candidates
Preferred Experience & Qualifications:
- Master's Degree or advanced Certification in Business Administration, Strategic Communications, Marketing, or related field
- Prefer experience working for a consulting organization, PR/Marketing Agency, association, and/or a government contractor
- Bachelor's degree required preferably in strategic communications, marketing, public relations information technology or a related field
- Minimum of 12 to 15 years of professional experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
Physical Requirements: Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Position is contingent upon successful awarding of the contract.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
*Dynamic Integrated Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment may request such accommodation(s).
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Dynamic Integrated Services