• Repairs, rebuilds, or overhauls major assemblies of internal combustion automobiles, buses, trucks or tractors.
• Work involves diagnosing the source of trouble and determining the extent of repairs required;
o Replacing worn or broken parts such as piston rings, bearings, or other engine parts
o Grinding and adjusting valves
o Rebuilding carburetors
o Overhauling transmissions; and repairing fuel injection, lighting, and ignition systems
• Attend training as required.
• Cleaning surrounding areas and ensuring that the section is kept safe at all times is required.
• Perform other qualified duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills
• Ability to perform most complex and unusual tasks of the crafts without supervision.
• Ability to use and knowledge of all tools and equipment which are used by the craft.
• Ability to perform work of the craft in a rapid and efficient manner under extreme conditions.
• Ability to perform work safely under hazardous conditions.
• Ability to train others.
• Must be able to qualify and obtain a state driver’s license and possibly a commercial driver's license (CDL).
Experience & Education
• A minimum of 2-3 years performing similar duties is required.
• Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Requires rounded training and experience usually acquired through a formal apprenticeship or equivalent training and experience.
• Material Handling Equipment (MHE) Operator may be required for this position.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
• Safety shoes required.
• Maintenance clothing will be worn.
• Lifting of 10-50 lbs may be required.
• Work is done on a concrete floor.
• Safety mask maybe required.
• Sounds of various tools being used at one time maybe part of the work environment.
• Travel may include moving vehicles from point A to point B (local travel only).
Why Work Here?DynCorp International is a leading global services provider offering unique, tailored solutions for an ever-changing world. Built on more than six decades of experience as a trusted partner to commercial, government and military customers, DI provides sophisticated aviation, logistics, training, intelligence and operational solutions wherever we are needed. For more information, visit www.dyn-intl.com.
DynCorp International is a leading global services company providing aviation maintenance, logistics and operational solutions worldwide.
Fort Dix, NJ