The Mechanical Engineer shall provide complete design services including determination of HVAC loads, pump sizing/selection, equipment selection, duct sizing and routing, and interior plumbing designs.
These positions are located in Al UDEID Air Base -QATAR and Ali AL Salem,- Kuwait
- Capable of providing designs, preparing drawings, statements of work, and project cost estimates for their respective discipline.
- Designing and implementing cost-effective equipment modifications to help improve safety, reliability and throughput.
- Performs design work for new construction, renovations and improvement projects for real property facilities.
- Interprets and adapts traditional methods and approaches in developing design calculations, layouts, drawings, and specifications that support project objectives and standards.
- Responsible for selected construction inspections, quality control and submittal reviews beyond the expertise of construction managers.
- Develops cost estimates and time schedules, Reviews and analyzes preliminary and final designs, plans and specifications for technical efficiency and adequacy.
- Prepares necessary correspondence, technical reports, contract documents, fact sheets and status reports and prepares final construction drawings suitable for obtaining qualified bids from Contractors.
- Prepares Architect and Engineer (A&E) Statements of Work (SOW), serves as a technical representative for negotiation and/or administration of contracts.
- Monitors and/or manages projects for new construction, renovations and improvements to real property facilities, utilizing a professional knowledge of engineering.
- Complies with health, safety and environmental rules and procedures and performs work in a manner that enhances the safety of the work environment.
- Perform other qualified duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills
- Working knowledge of Design Review, Project Mobilization, Quality Compliance, QA, Safety, Project Controls, and Capture Management.
- Proficient in AutoCAD 2009 or later, and use AutoCAD to create presentable and accurate facility and infrastructure plans for concept and statement of work requirements for project execution.
- Computer literate; can use Microsoft Office and Project, etc.
Experience & Education
- Must be a degreed mechanical engineer
- Eight (8) or more years of design experience
- Have experience with AutoCad software 2014 or later
- Experience in the use of documents relating to the development of projects, contracting, and construction is necessary.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Living and working conditions at the assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable
- Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions
- Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally