IT Program Manager
Dykema Detroit, MI
- Expired: April 21, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Dykema Gossett PLLC, a leading national law firm, is recruiting for an IT Program Manager to be a critical member of our technology team. The IT Program Manager will help senior leaders identify needs and opportunities where project oversight will be needed. The IT Program Manager is expected to understand the business objectives, current technologies leveraged and to work with the business to define a roadmap. The IT Program Manager will directly manage critical, large-scale projects and programs, while overseeing project management resources for smaller projects. This position reports to the firm's Chief Information Officer. This position is open to our office locations in Chicago, Detroit, Bloomfield Hills, Dallas, or San Antonio.
- Strategize, implement, and maintain program initiatives that adhere to organizational objectives
- Oversee multiple project teams, ensuring program goals are reached
- Manage, and adhere to budget priorities and tracking
- Work closely with project sponsor, cross-functional teams, and other project resources to plan and develop scope, deliverables, required resources, work plan, budget and timing for new initiatives
- Manage program and project teams
- Develop and manage budget for projects and be accountable for delivering against established business goals/objectives
- Work with other managers to identify risks and opportunities across multiple projects within the department
- Manage programs and initiatives requiring technical expertise, knowledge of the legal environment, knowledge of the organization and logistics coordination
- Establish and manage a strategic program(s) of both technical and non-technical projects
- Define business needs by proactively working with internal clients to understand their objectives
- Partner with senior leadership to build and deliver strategic roadmaps that simplify and transform the business
SKILLS & QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Experience in managing multiple large programs/projects, in enterprise environments delivering solutions for one or more business functions
- Excellent communication skills, problem solving, conflict / resolution management, time management, and interpersonal skills
- Should guide cross-functional teams and deliver technical solutions while mitigating or removing hurdles / obstacles. Has a track record of overcoming project crisis
- Ability to be straightforward, articulate well, and have exceptional listening skills
- Should guide cross-functional teams and deliver solutions
- Strong leadership skills, with a demonstrated ability to successfully negotiate with senior level management on project and program direction
- Ability to manage using established processes, recognize where these are lacking, and define creative approaches to keep projects and programs successfully on target to meet the objectives
- Demonstrated ability to define and implement the appropriate approach, and drive decisions, making progress despite ambiguity
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology preferred or comparable level of work-related experience to education
- Combined 10+ years project oversight experience with at least 3-5 years technology related experience
- Working knowledge of legal environment, business model, and operations
- Familiarity, and past experience in various legal solutions (DMS, Financial Systems, and other legal centric applications)
Travel to other offices may be required.
Dykema offers an excellent salary and benefits package, including transportation assistance. Dykema is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is a proud equal opportunity employer.
TechnologyView all jobs at Dykema