We are seeking Staff Accountant for our Wooster office. As a staff accountant, you will assist and provide audit and tax services to clients, with a primary focus on gaining exposure to a particular industry. You will utilize your accounting educational background to assist in some or all stages of an engagement or project; most commonly review engagements, procedures engagements, or basic tax issues, providing support and leverage to associates, seniors, and others.
- Assist with the detail work of audits, reviews, some compilations, and other assurance services for clients.
- Collect and analyze data to detect deficient controls, duplicated efforts, fraud, or non-compliance with laws, regulations, and management policies.
- Support multiple client engagements on time and within budget, identifying issues and communicating progress and audit results to supervisors.
- Prepare tax returns and reviews with the tax team.
- Complete tax related research and special projects as needed.
- Gain experience, exposure, and knowledge in one or more industries.
- Expand industry knowledge through greater exposure to peers, internal experts, clients, regular self-study, and formal training opportunities.
We value a passion for doing impactful work, accountability for actions, initiative to make visions a reality, integrity that places honesty and trust above all else, professionalism, and conscientiousness.
- Proficient with Microsoft (MS) Windows and Office products.
- Degree in Accounting, with some experience.
- Achieving credit requirements to sit for CPA exam.