Account Executive - Commercial Division
- Posted: over a month ago
Dwight Andrus Insurance (“Company”) was founded in 1945 and has grown to become one of the largest independent insurance agencies in Louisiana. The Company offers commercial insurance, employee benefits, personal lines, and bonds to companies from a wide variety of industries. The mission of our privately owned company is to provide peace of mind through customized insurance solutions which support the needs of the people and businesses we serve. We are dedicated to consistently delivering personalized customer service with the highest level of integrity to create lasting relationships.
The Company's affiliate office in Shreveport, Louisiana is looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic candidate to join its team as a full-time Account Executive in the Commercial Division. The Account Executive will serve as the primary service contact for more complex issues and inquiries regarding the larger property and casualty accounts of assigned Commercial Producer(s) and assist Producer(s) with analyzing clients’ needs and exposures.
II. Essential Functions and Duties:
- Provide technical expertise, including knowledge of insurance coverages, contracts, products, and regulations, in serving large commercial accounts.
- Provide direction and assistance to clients with carrier audits.
- Analyze clients’ needs and exposures to assist Producer(s) with recommending appropriate coverages and risk management strategies to clients.
- Assist Producer(s) with exposure and coverage reviews in preparation for renewals.
- Review contracts pertaining to insurance coverage requirements for clients.
- Meet with clients as needed or directed by Producer(s), which meetings may require occasional local travel to insured’s place of business.
- Maintain cordial and effective relationships with clients, co-workers, and other business contacts.
- Assist Producer(s) with assigned special projects and strategic planning for achieving new business and retention goals.
- Document tasks and correspondence with a high degree of accuracy in Company’s agency management systems while adhering to Company’s workflows.
- Remain informed of commercial insurance industry developments, regulations, and trends to continuously improve knowledge and performance.
- Education & Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s college degree or equivalent; and
- Eight (8) years or more of work experience required in insurance, legal, financial, and/or accounting industry role(s) involving technical knowledge and analysis of commercial property and casualty insurance products, contracts, claims, regulations, and coverage issues.
- Licensing Requirement: Presently hold a valid Louisiana Property & Casualty insurance license in compliance with Louisiana continuing education requirements, or willingness to obtain license within three (3) months of hire.
- Company Survey Requirement: Completion of Company’s survey assessment is required to be considered for next steps in application process.
- Professional appearance and demeanor with ability to develop and maintain lasting relationships with clients.
- Ability to prioritize multiple time sensitive assignments with minimal instruction in a fast paced work environment.
- Advanced computer skills, including proficiencies in typing and use of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite Products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with confidence to lead and/or participate in group presentations.
- Highly organized multi-tasker with critical attention to details
- Willingness to take direction and adapt to dynamic processes and protocols with a cooperative attitude.
- Self-motivated and resourceful problem-solver who is able to work independently and as part of a team.
IV. Company’s Offerings to Qualified Candidate:
- Full-time position.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Benefits package including: health, dental, life, AD&D, and long term disability insurance benefits. Supplemental insurance products offered on voluntary basis.
- Eligibility for 401(K) following one (1) year of employment.
- Paid holidays and sick leave.
- Paid vacation and personal time off following six (6) month probationary employment period.
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. Proof of work authorization will be required upon hire.
- Must be willing upon hire to execute the Company’s confidentiality and non-solicitation/competition agreements.
- Dwight W. Andrus Insurance, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Dwight Andrus Insurance
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Dwight Andrus Insurance