Marketing and Communications Coordinator
- Expired: January 16, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position Title: Marketing and Communications Coordinator
FLSA Status: Hourly, Non-Exempt (not benefit eligible)
Salary Range: $25.00 - $35.00 (based on qualifications)
Location: Duxbury, MA - Hybrid work set-up available for the right candidate
Hours: M-F; 12-18 hr/wk, some nights and weekend work required
About the Organization: Duxbury Beach Reservation, Inc., a 501(c)(3) charitable corporation, owns approximately 4.5 miles of Duxbury Beach, a 7.5-mile long barrier beach that extends from Marshfield in the north to Gurnet Point and Saquish in the south. The Reservation's mission is to preserve Duxbury Beach to safeguard the adjacent bays and mainland, protect wildlife and vegetation while welcoming the public to enjoy.
Position Description: Working in partnership with Duxbury Beach Reservation staff, the Marketing and Communications Coordinator is responsible for crafting compelling communications for use across the organization's owned digital (email, website, and social) and traditional (print materials and advertising) channels to consistently and authentically articulate DBR's mission and to increase target audience engagement (drive subscription, fundraising, volunteerism, etc.). This position works proactively and collaboratively across all departments to support the organization's communication goals and needs.
Roles and Responsibilities: The responsibilities and duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Develop & implement marketing and public relations plan to promote DBR's mission, impact, and events in local communities
- Coordinate the cohesive design of DBR's marketing across all mediums; including quarterly electronic newsletters, seasonal fundraising appeals, social media, website, direct mail, merchandise, etc.
- Edit copy to support email communications and drive engagement
- Create and manage mailing lists (Mail Chimp), email templates, and source images to support email campaigns
- Develop relations with news outlets (Duxbury Clipper, Patriot Ledger, Boston Globe, PACTV, Boston News Stations), submit photos and articles
- Work with staff and volunteers to organize existing and develop or source new photography to support marketing and PR efforts
- Manage and monitor DBR's social platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube), including sourcing or producing photos and designing and drafting copy for captions
- Foster positive community engagement by responding to comments across platforms in a timely, on-brand, and professional manner
- Process website update requests as needed to ensure website information remains current
- Monitor website's general email inbox to ensure timely responses to inquiries
- Creatively conceptualize print and digital collateral and work collaboratively with a graphic designer (or templates) to deliver materials on time and on budget
- Write copy and/or serve as editor for marketing, fundraising, and interpretive projects as needed
- Evaluate website content and layout and work with volunteers and staff to increase effectiveness and ease of use
- Work with staff to develop new merchandise offerings that support the organization's mission, marketing, and PR objectives
- All other tasks as assigned
- Experience with electronic marketing tools and software including Wix, Mail Chimp, Canva, Hootsuite, Microsoft Publisher
- The ideal candidate is innovative, creative (writing and visual eye), multimedia savvy, and extremely organized
- Experience with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube front and backend management systems
- Superb written and oral communication skills, including story/message development, copywriting, detailed editing, and excellent grammar
- Comfortable with critique and the revision process
- Self-motivated and creative with an aptitude for managing multiple, simultaneous projects and working with a team
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and accuracy
- A passion for Duxbury Beach and DBR's mission
- A commitment to excellence, teamwork, equity, and inclusion
Supervision Received: Reports directly to the Duxbury Beach Reservation's Executive Director. Required to communicate routinely with other DBR staff and Town of Duxbury Beach Operations staff.
How to Apply: Please fill out a job application, including a resume and cover letter (specifying the position you are applying for and dates of availability) by clicking on the "Apply for This Job" button. Your application will not be processed without completion/receipt of the items above. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as interviews will begin in January. If you have any questions about the position, please email email@example.com with the subject line "Marketing/Communications Coordinator."
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Duxbury Beach Reservation
Get fresh Communications Coordinator jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.