Director of Finance and Accounting
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
TITLE: Director of Finance and Accounting
Manages the accounting department and ensures that accounting processes adhere to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) requirements. Oversees all financial activities to ensure proper controls are employed to protect the assets of the company.
Graduate of a 4-year college with a degree in Management / Accounting.
MBA, CPA or CMA and Healthcare experience preferred
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar position supervising an accounting staff
Proficient with accounting software programs
Proficient in computer software including Microsoft Office products (particularly Excel)
Supervised by CEO
Supervises Accounting personnel
1. Establishes and administers an adequate plan for the control of accounting systems, Medicaid Waiver billing, expense budgets and cost development and standards while driving operational efficiency.
2. Assures protection of the assets of the company through internal controls and external auditing.
3. Prepares monthly financial statements; general ledger accounting; property records and depreciation; oversees payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable; department cost development; inventory controls and purchase control.
4. Assists the CEO in evaluating overall company operations from a financial and accounting viewpoint; directs the development of major analyses of financial and accounting data of the company’s operations; directs the development and preparation of the company’s operating budget and financial reports; evaluates major financial and accounting reports and forecasts for accuracy; identifies problem areas and suggests methods of corrections.
5. Maintains uniform financial reporting procedures for the company and continually suggests improvements to the existing procedures in accounting and payroll.
6. Supervises finance and accounting staff and ensures the unit is staffed with qualified financial personnel capable of meeting the objectives and responsibilities of the company.
7. Responsible for the transfer of cash to maintain adequate cash balances and recommends the use of bank or other loans as needed. Follows customer accounts with noticeable past-due balances and pursues necessary steps to improve delinquent receivables.
8. Serves as staff point of contact to the Company’s Board of Regents regarding Finances.
9. Prepares and enters monthly journal entries.
10. Maintains monthly balance sheet schedules.
11. Prepares and submits the Census Bureau Reports, and Solicitations of Contributions Report.
12. Provides detailed variance analysis on Income Comparison Statements, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow statements, enforcing accountability and initiating corrective actions.
13. Complies with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions.
14. Ensures a safe, harassment and discrimination free work environment by immediately reporting all issues related to harassment, safety, discrimination or other improper conduct to the CEO.
15. Manages external relations with financial institutions, audit/accounting firms and insurance agents.
16. Reviews monthly account and bank reconciliations to verify standard procedures are being maintained to ensure accuracy of client data, and proper asset controls are maintained.
17. Performs other duties as requested.
Duvall Homes is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate. All candidates must be at least 21 years of age, pass a drug and background screening and have a valid Florida Driver’s License.
Duvall Homes offers a competitive benefits package to all full-time employees. Health Insurance pre-tax benefit, along with employee paid pre-tax benefit options for Dental, Vision and more. Duvall Homes pays 100% of Long Term Disability and Group Term Life/Accidental Death Insurance, and offers a gratuitous Paid Time-Off Policy.
Duvall Homes, Inc
Duvall Homes seek to provide the highest quality of life and greatest level of independence for each resident by creating an individualized plan that includes opportunities for personal growth. Providing social and vocational experiences in the community are key components in an effective program that leads to a life of dignity and independence for each resident. Duvall Homes is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate. All candidates must be at least 21 years of age, pass a drug and background screening and have a valid Florida Driver’s License. Duvall Homes offers a competitive benefits package to all full-time employees. Health Insurance pre-tax benefit, along with employee paid pre-tax benefit options for Dental, Vision and more. Duvall Homes pays 100% of Long Term Disability and Group Term Life/Accidental Death Insurance, and offers a gratuitous Paid Time-Off Policy.
3395 Grand Avenue Deland FL 32720DeLand, FL
Finance and Insurance