Junior Healthcare Analyst
- Posted: over a month ago
About the role:
As a company founded by service-disabled Veterans, we at DFC are driven by a duty to serve our clients, our employees, and our community. We are committed to helping organizations achieve their goals by cultivating a team of talented professionals that delivers exceptional service, creative insights, and high-quality results.
DFC is seeking two junior healthcare analysts to join a business operations support contract in the federal healthcare consulting industry. The team is seeking driven individuals with excellent critical thinking skills and high attention to detail who have a desire to learn complex federal healthcare operations concepts, enjoy working in a fast-paced and regularly changing environment, and can effectively manage competing priorities.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is seeking to grow their consulting career.
What the role requires:
- Effectively and professionally engaging with all project stakeholders.
- Learning and applying complex healthcare operations concepts to daily tasks.
- Working directly with clients to gauge their needs and propose solutions.
- Employing strong conceptual and written communication skills to communicate with various stakeholders.
- Providing quality assurance and analytical support for systems development projects.
- Assisting team members with conducting research and analysis.
- Drafting briefings, reports, and other deliverables for clients that are high-quality and error-free.
- Participating in requirements gathering sessions and evaluating requirements documentation for completeness and accuracy.
- Developing educational materials that inform stakeholders on a wide variety of topics.
- Supporting continuous improvement initiatives across the program that promote process improvement and efficiency enhancements, pinpointing areas of improvement.
What you need to be successful:
- 1-3 years of professional working experience (can include a professional internship).
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to exercise strong attention to detail, as well as problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to produce consistent, insightful, high-quality work against tight deadlines.
- Ability to communicate analysis and recommendations in oral presentations or written documents.
- Self-directed; ability to work on tasks requiring analysis, writing, and planning activities with limited guidance or oversight.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team, contributing positively to team operations and working relationships.
- Experience crafting reports, briefings, and other communications.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience working with federal government projects is preferred.
- Familiarity with Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and the Affordable Care Act is preferred.
Other important information:
- A Bachelor's degree is required.
- Ability to obtain a US government security clearance, if needed, is required.
- Applicants must have the legal right to work in the US for any employer; sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Preference will be given to qualified Veteran candidates.
Is consulting the right career for you?
A career in consulting can offer a wide variety of experiences and is a great opportunity for personal and professional growth, but it often requires a bit more time and energy than the standard nine-to-five. The characteristics below are those of a typical consultant in this field; we encourage you to consider if these are applicable to you as you complete your application.
- Thrives when working in a challenging, fast-paced environment
- Balances competing priorities and fluctuating workloads with composure
- Works well in teams or independently, as the job requires
- Commits the requisite hours and effort to ensure deliverables are submitted on time and error-free
- Dives into new and unfamiliar tasks, employing a learn-as-you-go mentality and problem-solving skills
- Has the foresight to strategically plan and anticipate next steps and outcomes
- Uses interpersonal skills to establish and uphold strong client relationships, representing the company positively
- Values quality in client deliverables and internal tasks
- Enjoys having a high level of responsibility and task autonomy
- Acts professionally in all circumstances and enjoys creating and nurturing a professional network of peers, clients, and partners
*Duty First Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment may request such accommodation(s).
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Duty First Consulting
BusinessView all jobs at Duty First Consulting