Junior Health Policy Analyst
About the role:
As a company founded by service-disabled Veterans, we at DFC are driven by a duty to serve our clients, our employees, and our community. We are committed to helping organizations achieve their goals by cultivating a team of talented professionals that delivers exceptional service, creative insights, and high-quality results.
DFC is seeking a Junior Health Policy Analyst to join an operations support contract in the federal healthcare consulting industry. The team is seeking a driven, inquisitive individual with excellent critical thinking skills and high attention to detail who has a desire to learn complex federal healthcare and tax policy as well as technical operations, enjoys working in a fast-paced and regularly changing environment, and can effectively manage competing priorities. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is seeking to begin or grow their consulting career.
What the role requires:
- Work on a project team to support the implementation of complex federal health policy and functional design improvements (note: this role does not include policy analysis or writing).
- Review federal policy, standards, and legislation to understand requirements for coverage and financial assistance on the Marketplace.
- Translate complex concepts and policy into plain-language technical assistance and business operation documentation for internal and external stakeholders.
- Conduct end-user testing of the websites used for consumer enrollment and eligibility determinations, including test case scenario development.
- Create agendas and timelines and take detailed meeting notes that document action items.
- Support continuous process improvement efforts across the program to enhance efficiency.
- Engage and communicate with external stakeholders both verbally and in writing.
- Draft briefings, reports, and other deliverables.
- Conduct quality assurance activities.
What you need to be successful:
- 1-3 years of professional working experience (can include a professional internship).
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to exercise strong attention to detail, as well as problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work with a team throughout the system development life cycle.
- Ability to produce consistent, insightful, high-quality work against tight deadlines.
- Ability to communicate insight and recommendations in oral presentations or written documents.
- Self-directed; ability to work on tasks requiring analysis, writing, and planning activities with limited guidance or oversight.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team, contributing positively to team operations and working relationships.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience working with federal government projects is preferred.
Other important information:
- A Bachelor's degree is required.
- Ability to obtain a US government security clearance, if needed, is required.
- Applicants must have the legal right to work in the US for any employer; sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Preference will be given to qualified Veteran candidates.
Is consulting the right career for you?
A career in consulting can offer a wide variety of experiences and is a great opportunity for personal and professional growth, but it often requires a bit more time and energy than the standard nine-to-five. The characteristics below are those of a typical consultant in this field; we encourage you to consider if these are applicable to you as you complete your application.
- Thrives when working in a challenging, fast-paced environment
- Balances competing priorities and fluctuating workloads with composure
- Works well in teams or independently, as the job requires
- Commits the requisite hours and effort to ensure deliverables are submitted on time and error-free
- Dives into new and unfamiliar tasks, employing a learn-as-you-go mentality and problem-solving skills
- Has the foresight to strategically plan and anticipate next steps and outcomes
- Uses interpersonal skills to establish and uphold strong client relationships, representing the company positively
- Values quality in client deliverables and internal tasks
- Enjoys having a high level of responsibility and task autonomy
- Acts professionally in all circumstances and enjoys creating and nurturing a professional network of peers, clients, and partners
*Duty First Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment may request such accommodation(s).
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Duty First ConsultingVienna, VA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.