- Posted: over a month ago
About the role:
The Duty First Consulting Executive Team sets strategy and direction for the organization. DFC has a unique opportunity for a service-disabled veteran to join our team as a Vice President in the area of their expertise. Vice Presidents lead our service lines and work to develop professional services offerings of the highest quality to meet the needs of our government clients. Due to the nature of our small business designation, the position is only available to service-disabled veterans.
What the role requires:
- Collaborates with other Executive Team members to set strategic direction and develop company policy.
- Using existing expertise, capabilities experience, and/or clients, builds and grows a portfolio of Government contracts that meet revenue and growth targets
- Maintains corporate high standards for quality of client delivery
- Builds and maintains client relationships to assist service line managers in understanding client needs and identifying solutions that will meet those needs.
- Resolves client complaints, staffing problems, and other issues that may interfere with efficient operations and client satisfaction.
- Oversees the development of all service line staff and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of those employees.
- Ensures service line contracts and all personnel are in compliance with government regulations and requirements, and DFC policies.
- Has a strong and active professional network and acts as company representative at government and industry association meetings, and other job-related events and functions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you need to be successful:
- Service-Disabled Veteran
- 15+ years consulting experience in area of focus
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills with the ability to develop and communicate the organization's mission and vision
- Excellent business development and customer service skills with proven negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work well in a team-based environment.
- Ability to manage portfolio of projects
- Ability to cultivate and maintain strong relationships with clients and partner organizations.
- Presentation and facilitation skills are required.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Ability to obtain a US government security clearance.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university, ideally with major course work in consulting area of focus
- Master's degree is preferred but not required.
- Certifications in consulting area of focus is a plus.
Is consulting the right career for you?
A career in consulting can offer a wide variety of experiences and is a great opportunity for personal and professional growth, but it often requires a bit more time and energy than the standard nine-to-five. The characteristics below are those of a typical consultant in this field; we encourage you to consider if these are applicable to you as you complete your application.
- Thrives when working in a challenging, fast-paced environment
- Balances competing priorities and fluctuating workloads with composure
- Works well in teams or independently, as the job requires
- Commits the requisite hours and effort to ensure deliverables are submitted on time and error-free
- Dives into new and unfamiliar tasks, employing a learn-as-you-go mentality and problem-solving skills
- Has the foresight to strategically plan and anticipate next steps and outcomes
- Uses interpersonal skills to establish and uphold strong client relationships, representing the company positively
- Values quality in client deliverables and internal tasks
- Enjoys having a high level of responsibility and task autonomy
- Acts professionally in all circumstances and enjoys creating and nurturing a professional network of peers, clients, and partners
*Duty First Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment may request such accommodation(s).
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Duty First Consulting
BusinessView all jobs at Duty First Consulting
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?