Department: Institutional and Student Administrative Services
Appointment: 12 month Full time Administrative Exempt
Reports To: Associate Dean of Administration – Campus Facilities
The Coordinator of Campus Events and Food Service Operations serves as a member of the professional staff reporting to the Associate Dean of Administration – Campus Facilities. This position is responsible for managing all aspects of the College’s special events and food service operations. This includes managing the food service contract(s); ensuring that the menus meet the needs and expectations of quality and variety for the campus; monitor safety and sanitation programs to ensure that they are effective and in compliance with state and local codes; and manage various aspects of campus and community events on campus. The Coordinator is to stay current with the leading edge of new and emerging trends relative to college dining services. Oversees delivery of residential and commuter dining, retail and catering experience to the campus community that meets the needs of the students, faculty, staff and visitors.
This position requires frequent meetings with students and other campus groups to resolve issues relating to quality and service. The Coordinator of Campus Events and Food Service Operations will work closely with all campus offices to coordinate scheduling, food service, set-up, technical and AV requirements, security, parking and event follow-up. This position will work with College departments to promote and market the use of campus facilities to external users. The Coordinator of Campus Events and Food Service Operations is required to maintain a flexible work schedule in order to coordinate and attend evening and weekend events and monitor the food service operations of the Residence Hall and campus dining facility.
- Uphold customer service standards and ensure client expectations are met by receiving and facilitating resolution of inquiries, concerns, and/or complaints; perform frequent interactive customer discussions.
- Participate in menu and marketing development by contributing suggestions for concept development, special event planning and seasonal and custom menus.
- Ensure that health and safety standards are met by conducting regular on-site food quality, merchandising, sanitation, equipment maintenance, real –time safety and food handling practices, and health code compliance.
- Will participate in the development and management of all food service vendor contracts, ensuring that they meet the expectations of the college for quality, variety and are fiscally prudent.
- Work with Residence Life to prepare meal plan options ensuring that they meet the needs of the residents.
- Coordinate the scheduling of facilities and services for College and outside organizations’ events and work with the requester to formalize their requirements and forms and/or contracts for review and approval.
- Assist in the development and recommendation of policies related to facilities use; recommend to senior management approval or denial of facility rental for specific events by reviewing event requests in keeping with the policies.
- Represent the College in marketing its facilities and services both internally and externally. Maintain direct contact with personnel from the various outside organizations and College departments associated with the scheduled events. Attend events to facilitate operations; trouble shoot and respond to emergencies, problems, etc.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Participate in department, division, and institutional assessment activities as required.
Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Personal Characteristics:
- Strong knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, costs, and presentation.
- Excellent communication skills, strong organizational skills, including the ability to organize and prioritize work to meet multiple and competing deadlines.
- Experience working with diverse populations including food service personnel, the College community and outside groups.
- Strong financial management skills and demonstrated ability in preparing and managing budgets and financial analysis.
- Ability to offer new ideas and communicate change in a proactive way.
- Skill in public relations and handling complaints.
- Demonstrated technical literacy including database management skills and proficiency with various software programs, including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required, preferred discipline in Food Service Management / Hospitality / Hotel Restaurant Management. Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of 8 - 10 years’ experience in progressively responsible positions in food service management, preferably in a college or university setting.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume, to http://www.sunydutchess.edu/employment
Located in the heart of New York’s beautiful mid-Hudson Valley (just 90 minutes north of New York City), Dutchess Community College is seeking individuals who are passionate about the community college experience and share our commitment to student success.
As part of the State University of New York, the largest comprehensive public higher education system in the country and a winner of the 2015 HEED Award for inclusiveness, Dutchess Community College is dedicated to nurturing communities, respecting individuality and embracing diversity. The College has twice earned the Poughkeepsie Journal’s Richard K. Wager Workplace Diversity Award, and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, the disabled and all others (AA/EOE).