Linux Server Administrator / Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
Dutch Ridge Consulting Group, LLC (DRCG) is an ISO 9001:2015, Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Certified Veteran Enterprise (CVE), Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB). DRCG provides technical support staff at ten locations throughout the United States with corporate offices in Beaver, Pennsylvania and Ashburn, Virginia. DRCG offers expertise in Systems Integration (SI), Information Technology (IT) solutioning, Program Management, Risk Management, Business Process Reengineering (BPR), Requirements Engineering, Workflow Solutioning, and Business Consulting Services. Established in 2016, DRCG holds a TS facility clearance, is 100% US owned, and has over 50 employees (97% hold a Secret clearance or higher). DRCG optimizes client investments by leveraging expertise to better manage the growth and transformation of existing IT environments.Duties and Responsibilities
Seeking a highly motivated, Systems Engineer with demonstrated Linux server experience to support the National Media Exploitation Center (NMEC). This role requires an individual that has technical experience with administering Linux servers within a within a physical and virtual environment. This role is responsible for interacting with administrators to handle service inquiries and problems. Duties include examining customer problems and implementing appropriate corrective action to initiate a repair or return to service. This role analyzes recurring problems and initiates solutions for preventing reoccurrence and analyzes existing infrastructure for tuning/performance enhancements. This Individuals in this role may be required to perform technical software configuration, rebooting, and other remedial actions on customer servers. The Customer utilizes an Agile Framework to plan and successfully complete all initiatives. Specific responsibilities include:
- Review C&A documentation providing feedback on completeness and compliance of its content
- Perform system installation, configuration maintenance, account maintenance, signature maintenance, patch management, and troubleshooting of operational IA and CND systems
- Operates with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems.
- Contributes to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable.
- Responsible for implementing, operating, and maintaining physical and virtual server hardware and systems software.
- Provide technical support, administration, and monitoring of Linux systems within a physical and virtual environment.
- Decommission server(s) upon request through approved engineering change solution.
- Install and/or remove service application and scripting components
- Maintain server hardware and software assets in compliance with supporting third party vendor and lease requirements.
- Implement capacity planning and tuning actions for server assets
- Provide support for the implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems. Rapidly distinguish isolated user problems from enterprise-wide application/system problems.
- Support operations, maintenance and troubleshooting for end user workstations, to include desktop applications
TS/SCI with a current CI Polygraph.
6+ years of hands-on systems integration or engineering experience implementing solutions from concept through deployment.
- System security engineering expertise in one or more of the following: system security design process; engineering life cycle; information domain; cross domain solutions; commercial off-the-shelf and government off-the-shelf cryptography; identification; authentication; and authorization; system integration; risk management; intrusion detection; contingency planning; incident handling; configuration control; change management; auditing; certification and accreditation process; principles of IA (confidentiality, integrity, non-repudiation, availability, and access control); and security testing
- Possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments. Assignments may be broad in nature requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks.
- Background in Linux or UNIX server setup, deployment and maintenance
- Experience using Red Hat Satellite Server and/or Spacewalk for patching and system management
- Experience with hardening Linux environments
- Experience with system administration of server operating systems such as Linux (CentOS, RHEL, or Ubuntu)
- Familiarity with supporting virtual desktops running Linux, Microsoft Windows, and/or MacOS
- Experience with Scripting/Automation through Linux Shell scripts, PowerShell, PowerCLI, or other scripting languages
- Experience troubleshooting issues in a growing environment
- Experience with log reviews, incident analysis, and identification of issue trends
- Experience with server patch management methodologies
- Time management skills with the ability to work within an IT Service Management/ticketing system independently
- Ability to triage and properly classify incidents and prioritize work efforts accordingly
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Experience establishing goals and plans that meet project objectives
- Track record of working effectively within a team, and support to peers toward improved processes and results
- Perform systems requirements analysis, functional analysis, timeline analysis, trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition, technical management, integration, system testing, and quality assurance.
- Must be able to work independently to develop solutions to technical problems.
- Candidate must, at a minimum, meet DoD 8570.11- IAT Level II certification requirements (currently Security+ CE, CCNA-Security, GSEC, or SSCP along with an appropriate computing environment (CE) certification)
Bethesda, MD 20816
This position is fully onsite and there is no remote work option available.
DRCG, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other criteria the consideration of which is made impermissible by applicable law.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Dutch Ridge Consulting Group
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?