Warehouse –Trucking Spotter
Department: Warehouse- Trucking
Employment Status: FT- hourly wage would equal the applicant’s experience
Primary Job Responsibilities: Daily works with dispatch, office and drivers in an effort to ensure all types of trucks and trailers are filled and emptied as needed. Completes this by performing the following duties and responsibilities:
· Works with the office clerk to ensure that all trucks that are checking in for delivery are accounted for.
· Backs up Trailers and Tractors to the docks as needed.
· Directs the drivers of the loaded trucks to the proper unloading dock.
· Reads and understands delivery shipping paperwork to verify the correct product and quantity.
· Is able to communicate with the delivery driver both verbally and through written work that the load is received.
· Is responsible to remind each delivery driver of the need for wheel chocks, and other safety measures before unloading the truck.
· Will communicate with the warehouse Supervisor to ensure that the trailer will be unloaded as soon as possible.
· Must be able to physically handle working in an outside environment for a large portion of the working shift.
· Must be able to push, pull, lift and rotate. PDL (Physical Demand Limit) generally is at 50-70 lbs with occasional PDL at 120 lbs.
· Excellent attention to detail and common sense in daily activities.
· Understands and reads English to ensure the proper product matches what is suppose to be received into the warehouse.
· Understands and uses basic math to ensure an accurate count of the delivered product is equal to what was ordered.
· Works well in a team environment including being able to work with a diverse group of people from all aspects of the Dutch Farms business as well as outside vendor trucking employees.
· Works with a minimal amount of supervision and is a productive member of his/her department by adhering to all Dutch Farms, Inc. policies.
· Applicants with experience in any of the following areas would be preferred; Class A- CDL driving experience, warehouse experience, electric hand-truck or forklift experience. Must have ability to back up semi-trucks to the docks.