Primary Job Responsibilities: Perform local and OTR driving duties to and from customer’s locations, including unloading product at the stores. Routine pickups may also be required as determined by dispatch. Position allows the employee to be home 4-5 nights per week.
· Inspect truck before and after trips and submit report indicating truck condition to your Supervisor for further repair as needed.
· Inspect load and ensure that the load is locked in and secured with load locks and straps.
· Must be able to maneuver truck into loading and unloading position as needed.
· Must be able to unload the truck for customer delivery.
· Must be able to break down load, and deliver to each department as required by store.
· Obtain customers signature, and any other document required (i.e. DSD)
· Maintain accurate records of product carried, delivered, and returned, (empty racks, pallets or damaged goods) and related cash, checks, and money orders.
· Maintain telephone contact with Supervisor to receive instructions or to be dispatched to a different location.
· Perform any other tasks assigned to support and improve the overall team operations or business need.
· Provide outstanding customer service during delivery and pickup operations.
· Reads and writes in English the bill of lading to determine assignment.
· Maintains all required certifications required by DOT company safety programs.
· Must be able to push, pull, lift and rotate. PDL (Physical Demand Limit) generally is at 60-70 lbs with occasional PDL at 150 lbs.
· Works well in a team environment including able to work with a diverse group of people from all aspects of the Dutch Farms business.
· Works well with a minimal amount of supervision and is a productive member of his/her department by adhering to all Dutch Farms, Inc policies.
· Ability to operate and maintain equipment in a safe manner at all times.
· CDL Class A or Class B license is required.
· Ideal candidate would have 1 or more years of experience as a truck driver.
· Must be able to work in severe weather conditions; both heat and cold.
· Ability to make overnight runs as required by shipping needs.