Customer Service Specialist - Service Antenna APT
Durr Systems Inc Fremont, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
The Durr Group is one of the world's leading mechanical and plant engineering firms. Products, systems and services offered by Durr enable highly efficient manufacturing processes in different industries. Business with automobile manufacturers and their suppliers accounts for approximately 60% of Durr's sales. Other market segments include, for example, the mechanical engineering, chemical and pharmaceutical industries and the woodworking industry. The Durr Group operates in the market with five divisions:
- Paint and Final Assembly Systems - PFS: paint shops and final assembly systems for the automotive industry
- Application Technology - APT: robot technologies for the automatic application of paint as well as sealants and adhesives Measuring and Process Systems: balancing and cleaning systems as well as testing and filling technology.
- Measuring and Process Systems: balancing and cleaning systems as well as testing and filling technology
- Clean Technology Systems - CTS: exhaust-air purification systems and energy-efficiency technology
- Woodworking Machinery and Systems: machinery for the woodworking
We are a growing organization, and we are seeking a Customer Service Specialist to join our Application Technology division. Together, with the momentum of our business vision, we can achieve international success and added innovation in all of the themes which Durr influences at a global level.
Location: Freemont, CA
Position Summary: The main responsibility of the Customer Service Specialist is the onsite support of Durr finishing and sealing equipment in Freemont, CA and the surrounding area. This includes hands-on technical assistance, spare parts management, and sales lead generation.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provide reports Antenna, Service, etc... as required
- Provide all hands on technical assistance to Durr automation equipment
- Provide emergency service and telephone support
- Provide start-up and commissioning at customer site
- Supervise and coordinate activities of contractors
- Responsible for consignment cabinet, staging, inventory, repair, emergency service, deliveries, and equipment health checks
- Test and repair of equipment on customer sites
- Travel approximately 50%
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- High school Diploma
- 5 + years' experience in a service role
- High verbal and written ability required.
- Knowledge of Durr parts, part numbers, and installations preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of SAP is a plus
- Ability to foster a positive work environment that encourages achievement of team objectives, customer satisfaction and company goals
- Good time management skills
- Good organizational skills
- Good verbal communication skills
- Able to effectively communicate with service department, suppliers, and customers
- Able to work well independently and in a team environment
- Able to technically define problems and propose solutions
- Willing and able to work overtime, weekends, and holidays when necessary
Physical Demands: While performing duties of job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit, kneel, crawl; and use hands and arms. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and distance vision. Employee must be able to fly and drive. Employee must be able to climb stairs and ladders, wearing appropriate fall protection as needed. Incumbent is required to work with and near equipment such as industrial fans, pumps, etc. in a manufacturing setting. They must also be able to operate motorized equipment such as a scissor lift or man lift.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a medical condition or disability, height, weight, or any other protected status. We maintain a drug-free work place and perform pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
Note to all Staffing Agencies: Durr has a team of dedicated Human Resources professionals who are responsible for all hiring needs. Our practice is to partner and work with our approved vendors on an as needed basis. We do not accept resumes from agencies that are not on our preferred vendor list and have not signed our Recruiting and Permanent Placement Contract. Any resumes submitted from unapproved vendors will be considered unsolicited, and Durr will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Durr Systems Inc
BusinessView all jobs at Durr Systems Inc