Systems Engineer I 34573
Dunson & Associates, Inc. Norfolk, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The candidate will be responsible for the technical planning, system integration, verification/validation and support for total systems prior to deployment to the production network. This candidate will be supporting mainframe server hardware equipment and applications in a Microsoft Windows environment, from design through implementation. This engineer will perform a wide variety of design, planning and installation, configuration and upgrading of servers and related hardware and software in a LAN, WAN and stand-alone environment. Provides investigation, diagnostic testing and repair/resolution of server system, hardware, software and infrastructure. Creates and delivers complex technical drawings and diagrams and approves Standard Operating Procedures and work instruction.
• Responsible for technical planning, system hardware-software-network design, development and integration, verification and validation, and fielding.
• Evaluates alternatives including cost and risk, supportability and analyses for total systems.
• Duties include performing systems requirements analysis, functional analysis, timeline analysis, trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition, technical management, integration, system testing, and quality assurance.
• Responsible for design, planning, and implementing complex integrated total data center configuration hardware builds, installs, and upgrades.
• Responsible for evaluating emerging technologies and services and coordinate engineering configuration change review board documentation.
• Maintain and approve all Standard Operating and Work Instruction(s)
• Plan and coordinate server systems LCM evolutions, hardware upgrades and total backend system migrations
• Coordinate systems builds IAW planned projects and initiatives and prepare deployment to production
• Respond to system faults, analyzing and correcting applications or system faults to reestablish service
• Troubleshoot and analyze problems with major systems, including VMware, VCenter Server, VSphere Web Client, storage, GPO configuration.
• Maintain and update relevant system and process documentation.
• Establish and maintain a strong working relationship with all team members.
• Successfully manage time and technical responsibilities, set accurate expectations and meet deliverable deadlines while working in a team collaboration environment.
• Maintain, update, patch iLO, install required certificates and track certificate revocation dates to ensure continuity of services.
• Strong understanding of enterprise, network, systems, datacenter operations and support.
• Understanding of Storage/SAN hardware infrastructure, Ethernet storage fabric, enclosure switching and configurations.
• Understanding of system hardening, tools, guidelines and benchmarks and DoD STIG’s.
This position will require:
• Working knowledge and experience with VMWare ESXi Bare Metal Hypervisor technology.
• Solid understanding of VM Kernel Operating System installation and virtual server implementations.
• Experience and knowledge with Server Rack Hardware installation and blade server enclosure configurations, implementation, datacenter maintenance and operations.
• Excellent writing and speaking skills
Desired Skills and Experiences
• Understanding of power shell scripting or programming for systems management.
• 8570 Complaint: Security+ CE, VMWare VCP (will accept VCA or VCTA), or Microsoft Server 2012.
Education and Years of Experience:
BS degree and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2-4 years of prior relevant experience. Will accept additional years of prior experience and certifications in lieu of education.
Clearance: DOD Active Secret
Dress Code: Business Casual
Work Hours First Shift Mon-Fri (8am-4pm)
Dunson & Associates, Inc.Why Work Here?
Flexibility & Great pay
Dunson & Associates is a people resources company, specializing in staffing and consulting within the United States. Our highly qualified people separate us from our competition. Our people are readily available to solve problems and address the needs of our customers anytime, anywhere.