Dunson & Associates, Inc. is seeking Specimen Collectors for paternity testing to join our team of associates in support of our clients in Cuyahoga, Lorain, Lake, Geauga, Ashtabula counties and surrounding areas. Positions are part-time and as needed. Weekly pay!
Responsible for the collection of specimens from adults and children for the purpose of parentage identification by genetic testing and insures transportation of specimens to the laboratory and protection the chain of custody according to specific standard operating procedures.
• Collects specimens from adults and children by buccal swab collection.
• Completes all paperwork and identification procedures required to establish the chain of custody of evidence
when obtaining specimens.
• Maintain client confidentiality.
Education and/or Experience
• Associates Degree, or equivalent preferred. Science background helpful. Security/correctional background is a plus!
• 6 months to 1 year related experience and/or training preferred.
• Ability to work with all types of individuals, exhibiting compassion for the elderly, handicapped, and children.
• Ability to use telephone, fax and computer.
• Ability to compare details of written information to computer generated information.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret instructions, correspondence and contractual requirements.
• Ability to recognize problems and respond to emergencies.
• Ability to solve problems and deal with variables.
• Attention to detail and concern for impact is essential.
• Assists other departments as necessary.
• Ability to effectively present information to and respond to requests and questions from customers.
• Must wear personal protective equipment as required by specific site Standard Operating Procedures.
• Sedentary walking, sitting and standing
• Handling – seizing, holding, grasping
• Vision – close vision
• Varied environments
• Moderate noise level
• Travel to collections sites may be required on occasion.
Due to the sensitive nature of our business, it is imperative that each Team Member be of high integrity and able to keep work-related issues confidential.
* Must be willing to collect at jail and prison facilities *