Site Process Leader- Sr Process Engineering (grooming to be the next Site Leader)
Full relocation assistance to Tuscaloosa/Northport/ Bessemer AL
Initially working as a Sr Process Engineer completing and initiating capital projects, supporting process optimization efforts, and becoming the go-to process expert on site. Expect 2 years engineering work while learning this complex chemical process and unique business before starting the transition to the overall site leadership role.
This employer operates with professional ethics and corporate integrity. They are a small company and yet they follow World Class Management Practices while placing a high value on work-life balance. Their products are used in a large variety of applications around the world and they are the exclusive world-wide manufacturer of one specific pharmaceutical grade of their product. They are sold out for months ahead and therefore truly value process optimization effort as well as Process Safety and Equipment Reliability.
- Salary & Benefits that rival a Fortune 500 company: Competitive base salary + an annual bonus (with the company always profitable this comes down to individual performance); a top tier 401K matching program; paid vacation; all the expected medical, dental, life insurances; a very comprehensive relocation package.
- A Site Manager and Senior Management Team who value and empower ALL employees.
- A family friendly work environment with a "work to live" philosophy with regular works hours and few if any after-hours calls to engineers (since the operators are also empowered).
The initial work:
This engineer will initially be responsible for day-to-day plant performance in such areas as throughput & productivity, process optimization for cost & quality, safe unit operations, and completing capital projects including commissioning activities. There will be a good diversity of work as you learn the sophisticated continuous chemical process and business prior to eventually assuming responsibilities as the Plant Manager.
- Process optimization: Work to improve product quality, reduce operating costs, increase capacity and further streamlining the process.
- Participate in the plant Continuous Improvement Program including ISO 9001 and cGMP compliance.
- Project Engineering: Initiate, justify and manage small capital projects through design, purchasing, construction and start-up support including procedure writing.
- Unit trouble shooting; Interact with the production employees providing hands on engineering support for production unit operations and turnarounds (shutdowns).
- Participate and lead initiatives within the plant HSE Program (but except the Jr engineers to lead the PHA activities)
- Develop and review plant operating procedures.
- Extensive interaction with senior management on this primary manufacturing sites, the customer service and Product Development HQ in LA, and at partner sites.
- Mentor the junior engineers and ChE co-ops on-site.
Keep in mind that this is a team-oriented site with all employees reporting directly to the Site Manager working in co-operation to achieve goals and they have been very successful! The highly skilled plant operators have a wealth of knowledge to share and are also open to learning.
- BS ChE (only)
- 20+ years of experience in chemical manufacturing with recent work that has included engineering tasks.
- Has non-union production management experience in their background
- Team oriented personality; best if time spent in a matrix organization
- Must be authorized to work for any employer in the USA without restrictions.