Great relocation benefits to near Northport/ Tuscaloosa/ Bessemer AL - Full relocation assistance provided.
The Process Engineer reports directly to the Site Manger and works to further optimize a very profitable chemical manufacturer plant. There is a capital budget to spend with ongoing projects. You'll be a key player in the commissioning efforts and will also complete small capital projects from cost estimation to start-up.
Why might this be a good career move?
- The company future is bright: They make a very high demand product used in a large variety of applications around the world. They are sold out for months ahead. There is great career stability.
- This employer operates with professional ethics and corporate integrity: They are a small company with zero corporate “red tape” yet with a Sr Management Team that follows World Class Management practices. Expect Salary & Benefits that rival a Fortune 500 company with none of the red tape.
- A family friendly work environment with a "work-to-live” philosophy and empowered employees. Since the hourly operators are empowered to solve problems, there are no engineering call-ins.
- Great resume builder: You'll gain experience in continuous chemical manufacturing plus there is a product line that falls under FDA and GMP regulations such that after 5 years you'll be considered a “jack-of-all-trades” in chemical manufacturing.
This may seem too-good-to-be-true, which is why we suggest interviewing to see for yourself - tour the site and meet the team! This truly is one of the best organizations that we recruit for.
As Process Engineer you'll share technical responsibility for day-to-day plant performance in such areas as throughput & productivity, quality, and safe unit operations. You’ll also work in partnership with a highly skilled operating staff.
- Key contributor in troubleshooting efforts; provide hands-on engineering support
- Process optimization: Work to improve product quality, reduce operating costs, increase capacity and further streamlining the process.
- Participate in the plant Continuous Improvement Program including ISO 9001 and cGMP compliance.
- Project Engineering: Manage small capital projects through design, purchasing, construction and start-up support including procedure writing.
- Develop and improve plant operating procedures to address quality issues or for new installations.
- Occasional assistance with the DCS system and instrumentation upgrades.
- Participate on the Process Hazards Committee and lead the PHA process in compliance with OSHA PSM.
- Partner with the Environmental Engineer becoming familiar with Plant Environmental Affairs.
Applicant Background Request…
We are searching for chemical process engineer hoping to become a “jack-of-all-trades” in a chemical manufacturing company.
- BS in Chemical Engineer (must be a ChE)
- 1 - 5 years industry experience in a Chemical Plant or related that operates under PSM regulations.
- Solid foundation and understanding of various ‘unit operations’ in a chemical manufacturing site
- Understanding of safe work practices in the chemical process industry
- MUST BE authorized to work for any employer in the USA without current or future restrictions. (No sponsorship)
Expect Salary & Benefits that rival a Fortune 500 company: Expect: Competitive salary + an annual bonus that pays well every year (with the company always profitable this comes down to individual performance); a top tier 401K matching program; paid vacation; all the expected medical, dental, life insurances; a very comprehensive relocation package
Footnote: The first step in exploring this opportunity would be to send a resume and discuss this with a recruiter who will then write your applicant profile to start the process. The one potential down-side for some might be that this position is NOT a stepping stone into a “management” career as they are a relatively flat organization. But, there is plenty of diversity in the work and the ability to make a big impact while building a great resume for another career move in about 5 years. (They will respect your desire to move on after the 5 years of great service but believe that you'll choose to stay with them for the great work-life-balance.)