There are many paint brands in North America, but only one is the best choice. Dunn-Edwards Paints prides itself on superior-performing products; first-class service from hard-working, knowledgeable employees; and our continued commitment to caring for our shared environment through our Greener by Design® philosophy.
Landmarks across the Southwest are beautified and protected by one brand: Dunn-Edwards. Why? Because it’s the best paint around. With more than 140 stores, Dunn-Edwards is the region’s foremost manufacturer and supplier of exceptional-performing architectural and industrial coatings. We provide a complete line of paints, painting supplies and equipment for professional and quality-conscious clients.
Headquartered in Los Angeles for more than 90 years, Dunn-Edwards grew from a small, family business yet — despite our decades-long growth — we have maintained much of that close-knit feeling. Simply put, we make the highest-quality products, provide industry-leading services, and have the best employees in the industry.
- True team atmosphere: You get to work with multiple departments that have a common goal — being the #1 choice for all who paint. Respect, friendliness, professionalism and fun are the hallmarks of our company culture.
- Control your own destiny: We love seeing our people develop and advance in their careers. If you take great pride in your work, challenge yourself to continuously grow and want the opportunity to advance based on your performance and leadership, this might be just the place for you.
- World-class benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, tuition assistance program and more.
- Dunn-Edwards is a steward of our environment: Our mission has always been to provide the best-performing paint, in an environmentally friendly manner to protect the health and well-being of our customers, as well as the planet. We were a disciplined leader in the concept of green product manufacturing long before it became popular.
From our ingredients, to labeling, to our LEED Gold-certified paint manufacturing facility, we strive to build and expand our green legacy, providing you a wide range of eco-efficient products.
Looking for a great place to join and work alongside great people? If so, come for the challenge and stay for the growth at Dunn-Edwards!
DUNN-EDWARDS: THE BEST JOB IN RETAIL! HERE’S WHY:
- Career opportunities: At Dunn-Edwards, we believe in promoting from within and invest in your training and development. We have multiple avenues available that employees can travel as they grow their career: store operations, field sales and corporate support roles.
- We love our environment: We have the only LEED certified paint manufacturing facility in the World! Don’t know what LEED means? Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design - in a nutshell, it is one of the most well-respected green building certification programs used worldwide.
- Work-life balance: Our stores close at 5:00pm Monday – Friday and are closed most major Holidays. Due to our business model, we have some of the most desirable hours in retail.
General Purpose of Job:
Under the general direction of the Store Manager, the Assistant Manager supervises, coaches, and directs Store Team Members to ensure proper and efficient store operation, and excellent customer service. Must be available to work opening or closing shift - any day of the week. Great opportunity for advancement.
Dunn-Edwards is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assigns job duties to team members and directs their work
- Is responsible for training store team members on all duties and excellent customer service
- Is responsible for ranking team member’s performance
- Is responsible for administering store safety program
- Is responsible for managing the store part-time recruiting project
- Reports procedure or policy violations to Store Manager and takes appropriate corrective measures
- Maintains professional store appearance, including product displays.
- Handles customer complaints
- Meets weekly with management team to discuss and address operational issues.
- Performs banking operations
- Maintains standard of dress and appearance conducive to projecting a positive company image
- Is capable of performing all job classifications under his/her supervision
There are subordinate supervisors reporting to this job. Positions supervised by the Assistant Store Manager may include; Counter Sales, Equipment Repair, Tint Room, Wallcovering, and Warehouse (Shipping and Receiving).
Communication and Language Requirements:
- For safety reasons, ability to read, write, and communicate in English is required
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional publications
- Must have ability to produce reports, effectively present information,
and respond to questions from individuals and groups
- Bilingual is a plus
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
- The ideal candidate will have 2 or more years of experience dealing directly with customers in a sales and service environment
- Recent paint store/construction-related retail management experience is a plus
(This applies to internal applicants only)
General Qualifications/Requirements for applying:
- A letter of recommendation from your manager.
- Applicants must be in their current position for a minimum of 90 days.
- Any Internal applicant who has received critical discipline within the past 6 months will be eliminated from consideration.
- Applicants must have received:
- Stores: 3.0 or higher on last quarterly or annual appraisal (whichever is most recent)
- Sales: 3.0 or higher on last annual or mid-year review (whichever is most recent)
- All others: 3.0 or higher on last annual performance appraisal
All internal applicants who meet the qualifications/requirements of this job, as well as those listed above, are encouraged to apply and will be considered on a non-discriminatory basis. Persons who apply for the same position at different locations must notify the respective hiring manager(s).
Process Guidelines for Internal Applicants:
Human Resources has established these Guidelines for these purposes:
- To inform you about what is required to apply for this position.
- To inform you that HR intends its oversight of the process in order to:
- promote fairness and consistency so that all qualified internal applicants have an equal chance to apply.
- ensure compliance with the Job Posting Policy and all related provisions of the Employee Handbook.
- Internal applicants are preferred, although external candidates may simultaneously be considered.
- Not all internal applicants will be granted an interview for this position. The hiring manager reserves the right to determine (1) whether an internal applicant meets the qualifications for the position; (2) whether an internal applicant should be interviewed for either a non-management or management position; (3) whether an internal applicant should be interviewed in person, by telephone or a combination of the two. Such determination shall be made on a non-discriminatory basis.
- Not all vacancies will be posted. This especially applies, but is not limited, to senior management positions