There are many paint brands in North America, but only one is the best choice. Dunn-Edwards Paints prides itself on superior-performing products; first-class service from hard-working, knowledgeable employees; and our continued commitment to caring for our shared environment through our Greener by Design® philosophy.
Landmarks across the Southwest are beautified and protected by one brand: Dunn-Edwards. Why? Because it’s the best paint around. With more than 140 stores, Dunn-Edwards is the region’s foremost manufacturer and supplier of exceptional-performing architectural and industrial coatings. We provide a complete line of paints, painting supplies and equipment for professional and quality-conscious clients.
Headquartered in Los Angeles for more than 90 years, Dunn-Edwards grew from a small, family business yet — despite our decades-long growth — we have maintained much of that close-knit feeling. Simply put, we make the highest-quality products, provide industry-leading services, and have the best employees in the industry.
- True team atmosphere: You get to work with multiple departments that have a common goal — being the #1 choice for all who paint. Respect, friendliness, professionalism and fun are the hallmarks of our company culture.
- Control your own destiny: We love seeing our people develop and advance in their careers. If you take great pride in your work, challenge yourself to continuously grow and want the opportunity to advance based on your performance and leadership, this might be just the place for you.
- World-class benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, tuition assistance program and more.
- Dunn-Edwards is a steward of our environment: Our mission has always been to provide the best-performing paint, in an environmentally friendly manner to protect the health and well-being of our customers, as well as the planet. We were a disciplined leader in the concept of green product manufacturing long before it became popular.
From our ingredients, to labeling, to our LEED Gold-certified paint manufacturing facility, we strive to build and expand our green legacy, providing you a wide range of eco-efficient products.
Looking for a great place to join and work alongside great people? If so, come for the challenge and stay for the growth at Dunn-Edwards!
DUNN-EDWARDS: THE BEST JOB IN RETAIL! HERE’S WHY:
- Career opportunities: At Dunn-Edwards, we believe in promoting from within and invest in your training and development. We have multiple avenues available that employees can travel as they grow their career: store operations, field sales and corporate support roles.
- We love our environment: We have the only LEED certified paint manufacturing facility in the World! Don’t know what LEED means? Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design - in a nutshell, it is one of the most well-respected green building certification programs used worldwide.
- Work-life balance: Our stores close at 5:00pm Monday – Friday and are closed most major Holidays. Due to our business model, we have some of the most desirable hours in retail.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
Sales Associates at Dunn-Edwards deliver customer service that offers a distinctive shopping experience for both homeowners and professionals. Your responsibilities as a Sales Associate include demonstrating outstanding customer service and selling skills, continuously learning about the coatings industry, keeping sales floor stocked with merchandise, organizing the sales floor and stock areas and building trusted partnerships with our painting professionals.
Sales Associates interact with customers via phone and in-person to offer expert advice, while also processing and completing transactions. In addition, the Sales Associate is responsible for upholding Dunn-Edwards store vision of fast and reliable service, while ensuring that the store is well stocked and maintained. Sales Associates continuously learn about the industry, products and services through Dunn-Edwards Learning Network and various job certification programs that better assist in answering questions and making proper recommendations, as well as building a foundation for potential advancement opportunities as Dunn-Edwards continues to grow.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Making a connection with customers, asking questions about their project, then giving options and advice on meeting those needs
- Ensure delivery of product as needed meets both Dunn-Edwards’ and customers’ quality and service expectations
- Conduct self in professional manner - always acting as a positive extension of the Dunn-Edwards brand
- Efficiently take customer orders through various methods (email, phone, in-person) and process through point-of-sale
- Adhere to company safety standards at all times
- Clean and maintain all areas of store and equipment as assigned
- Assist with maintaining proper merchandise inventory levels
- Must have the ability to communicate clearly both written and verbal
- The ability to stock and merchandise products according to planogram
- Must be able to operate company vehicle to conduct store business
- Meet expectations of core competencies related to the position:
Customer Focus, Attention to Detail, Problem Solving, Initiative and Teamwork
- Additional duties as assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This job does not have supervisory responsibilities. There are no subordinate supervisors reporting to this job.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Read and write English for safety purposes. Bilingual is a plus.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute percentages and analyze report data and statistics. Ability to operate Point-of-Sale computer system and complete cash transactions accurately.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REQUIREMENTS: Valid drivers license is required.
- Health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, vacation and holiday pay, paid sick time, 401K program including company match (benefits vary for part-time employees).
This job description should not be construed to imply that the above functions are the entire standard of the position. As an employee, the individual shall follow and complete any other instructions related to duties, which may be required by a superior. Job description is subject to change, at which time your job responsibilities may change accordingly.
Dunn-Edwards is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V