Dunhill Development and Construction New Orleans, LA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Well established commercial interiors general contractor seeking qualified candidates to join their project superintendent team for projects in Covington, LA. Candidates must possess at least 3 years experience in commercial interior projects and the ability to hit the ground running. Valid driver's license and reliable transportation is a MUST.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF ROLE
Superintendents will provide overall responsibility and authority as required to complete assigned projects on time, under budget, to the complete satisfaction of the Clients and in accordance with project drawings, specifications, and other contract documents. It is the Superintendent’s responsibility to maintain the philosophies of Dunhill Development & Construction in accordance with its policies and procedures.
· Request/obtain and enforce job site rules and regulations.
· Assist Project Managers by visiting the job site and identification of potential problems and conditions that may impact execution of the potential project.
· Attend pre-bid or pre-construction meetings as required.
· Keep Daily Log – documenting work force efforts, safety, rule compliance or other important information as deemed necessary.
· Assist Project Manager in development and maintenance of the Project Schedule. Provide schedule concerns at internal kick-off meeting.
· Schedule and chair on-site kick-off meeting with subs.
· Hold weekly Foreman’s meeting and produce "Look-Ahead" schedule/report.
· Hold coordination meetings between subs where needed.
· Assist Project Manager in value engineering to meet Client’s goals.
· Assist Project Manager as needed to finalize submittal/shop drawing process and help to obtain delivery dates from the subs.
· Obtaining and/or initiating project documentation including:
o All Subcontractors are working with the latest drawings issued by the Project Manager.
o Obtain Project Information Sheet.
o Obtain Project Contact Sheet.
o Establish Project Schedule with Project Manager.
o Stage and Confirm Deliveries with Material List.
o Initiate RFI’s and Implement Responses.
o Initiate CO’s and Implement Responses.
o Obtain Building Permit and C of O from Project Manager.
o Obtain Special Inspection Requirements (by City, State, Engineers, Architects, Labs, OSHA, Storm Compliance Officers, etc.).
o Ensure all Submittal/Shop Drawing are Adhered to.
· Job site and office set up:
o Coordinate rental and delivery of both dumpsters and temporary restroom.
o Post all necessary signage.
o Set up computer, printer, and furniture.
o Coordinate and set up off-site facilities/utilities, if applicable.
o Define and establish security, protection and safety requirements.
· Pre-punch and document defects PRIOR to starting Project. Provide copies to PM and Client.
· Define temporary protection requirements.
· Establish and distribute appropriate policies and procedures, building rules and regulations, etc. to all subs.
· Assess safety concerns and address specific safety issues.
· Confirm and establish project objectives.
· Locate emergency shut-off requirements.
· Establish site access and storage requirements.
· Locate dumpster where directed.
· Assist in preparing RFI’s and executing RFI responses.
Project Mobilization (Con’t):
· Assist in updating weekly project reports including: RFI Log, Project Schedule, Meeting Minutes.
· Safety Meeting Minutes (turn in “Tool Box” Sign-in Sheet).
· Maintain Project Safety Folder.
· Manage project housekeeping.
· Assure contractual compliance. Execute the work, ensure proper manpower required, etc.
· Secure inspections and approvals. Ensure compliance with local codes.
· Prepare preliminary punch list (“Pre-Punch”) and assure quality-control.
· Prepare and send Punch List with Architects comments to Project Manager and expedite completion of punch items. (Assure attendance at Punch walk-thru by all parties necessary to have one Punch List only).
· Archive field-related job files with Project Manager.
Dunhill Development and ConstructionWhy Work Here?
Friendly work environment with great benefits and promising career path
Dunhill Development and Construction is a leading Houston-based commercial general contractor with growing offices in Louisiana. We specialize in corporate interior remodels and the build out of industrial and retail spaces.
AddressNew Orleans, LA