· Provide intensive family oriented therapy services to children, adolescents and adults with mental health disorders and emotional disturbances.
· Provide a family system perspective and intervention skills to involve both child clients and their adult care givers in treatment.
· Collaborate with any other treatment providers and function as a liaison to placement agencies, Wrap-Around services, schools, and foster homes to assure an integrated approach to treatment is developed on behalf of the agency.
· Responsible for maintenance of clinical records including progress notes and other documentation in accordance with accreditation and licensing standards, managed care expectations, and agency policy and procedures.
· Provide appropriate individual and family counseling services to assigned caseload on a daily basis.
· Apply patient documentation and record keeping guidelines set by the state, managed care and agency policies.
· Therapist must be able to identify problems, secures relevant data to identify possible causes, generate alternative courses of action, possible consequences, reach conclusions and solutions based on thorough analysis and reasoning.
· Therapist must demonstrate abilities to set goals, assign priorities, anticipate problems, establish limits, achieve results and complete multiple tasks within timelines.
Minimum Requirements for Position:
· Master’s Degree from an accredited university in a clinical mental health discipline, such as: Psychology, Counseling, Clinical Social Work, Psychiatric Nursing, and Marriage and Family therapy, for example. The Master’s Degree must include clinical coursework in the foundations of behavioral health and the provision of mental health services (i.e., individual, group and family therapy, abnormal psychology, psychopathology, cognitive behavioral and psychodynamic therapy, crisis counseling, assessment, child development, personality theory, psychotherapy lab, clinical practicum). Other courses may count as determined by a review of the transcript/syllabi.
· At least two (2) years verified experience in the mental health field.
· Valid Child Abuse, Criminal History, and FBI clearances.
· Participation in and completion of all CBH mandatory in-services
· Participation in at least ten (10) hours of documented additional in-service per year.
Dunbar Community Counseling Services.
Why Work Here?Mental Health Provider include Outpatient and Behavior Health
Lots of room for growth!