Director of Drayage Operations (Remote)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Role and responsibilities/Job description
Title: Director of Drayage Operations
Reports to: SVP, Operations
High Level Position Description
- Determine and develop best operations practices, monitoring compliance
- Dispatching system product expert
- Customer service leader within the team and manage all escalations within group as they are required
- Point person on providing direction to all staff and making sure their needs are met
- Mentorship and leader for all staff
- Motivate and cultivate a successful and positive work culture among group
- Provide corrective action where necessary
- Liaison in leadership to communicate with customers and others on trends and customer concerns, and upcoming needs
- Monitor and support high profile account relationships
- Consider pricing strategy, accessorial management, operations reporting, and all other high-level needs
- Customer onboarding process development and monitoring to ensure new clients are onboarded
- Develop group specific KPIs and monitor frequently to ensure ongoing top performance and be able to proactively identify issue before they become widespread
- Communicate with the Commercial department on capacity
- Oversee training for all job functions and present potential training opportunities where areas of knowledge can be improved for the group or at an individual staff member level
- Leverage existing relationships as opportunities and determine how they can be supported by the operations team
Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor’s degree (BA) from a four-year college or university; or three to five years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum Skills, Knowledge, and Ability Requirements
- Computer skills – Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Windows.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence and to effectively present information to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s.
- Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to comprehend 24-hour clock system.
- Ability to collate time/distance scheduling for 24/7 operation.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Work Conditions, Physical and/or Mental Requirements
- Sedentary physical activity requiring reaching, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, feeling, repetitive motions, talking, and hearing.
- Visual requirement is for close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- 90% or more time is spent looking directly at a computer.
- Employee is frequently required to stand, walk (or otherwise be mobile).
- Employee is frequently required to lift and carry a minimum of 10 pounds.
- Ability to deal with stressful situations as they arise.
Duties are primarily performed in an office and warehouse environment. Minimal physical effort is required. Lifting and carrying requirements of up to 15 pounds. Occasional or frequent ability to move boxes from one location to another.
These physical and/or mental requirements are not exhaustive, and additional job-related requirements may be added by the Company on an as-needed basis. Reasonable accommodations, where required by law, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Dunavant Sea Lane Express LLC
Get fresh Drayage jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.