Dudek Encinitas, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
About the Job
Dudek is looking for a Safety Specialist to join our team. This position will support the corporate and field safety programs for both Dudek and Habitat Restoration Sciences, Inc. (HRS), a wholly owned subsidiary of Dudek. The ideal candidate will have 5 years of experience and will be responsible for assisting the Safety Manager with occupational health and safety policies, programs and compliance.
The position may be based out of our Encinitas, San Juan Capistrano, or Pasadena office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists the Safety Manager is supporting the corporate and field safety programs. Enforces policies to establish a culture and mindset of safety.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of Health and Safety regulations, and federal, state, and local regulatory requirements including OSHA, DOT, and EPA.
- Partners with Project Managers to prepare project safety plans and site-specific training protocols.
- Plays a lead role in COVID-19 compliance.
- Assists the Safety Manager with the completion and filing of all required OSHA and insurance documentation (OSHA 300, OSHA 301 and First Report of Injury).
- Assists with investigation of workplace incidents and workers compensation claim reporting/management.
- Assists in development and enforcement of the Emergency Action Plan and Injury and Illness Prevention Program.
- Assists in the creation, coordination and facilitation of safety training. Responsible for logging and tracking all training in the Company’s HR System.
- Coordinates and trains the Emergency Response Coordinators (ERCs) at all office locations.
- Performs regular onsite safety observations and job hazard analysis to identify facility and jobsite hazards.
- Plays an active role in the Company’s Safety Committee.
- Frequent travel to project sites in CA, WA and OR required in order to conduct site visits and perform safety audits
- Associate degree in Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) or a related field, and 5 years of previous safety experience, preferably in construction.
- Knowledge of environmental, occupational health and safety at local, state and federal levels (OSHA, Cal-OSHA, DOT, EPA).
- Valid CA driver’s license required.
- First Aid and CPR instructor certification is preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish strongly preferred.
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) or Certified Safety Professional (CSP) preferred.
- Experience with ISNetworld, preferred.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Excel, and Adobe Presenter.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and the ability to multi-task is essential.
- Office environment for 50%; travel required to other offices and project site locations approximately 50%.
Dudek is a leading California-based environmental and engineering firm that helps public and private clients plan and implement reliable, effective, and compliant projects. Founded in 1980, Dudek is a stable company that has grown steadily to more than 600 professionals across the U.S., located primarily in offices in California, Hawai’i, and Oregon.
As an employee-owned company, Dudek’s culture rewards smart, productive team members with professional and financial benefits. Our offices are designed to encourage collaboration, sustainability, and connectivity with the surrounding communities.
At Dudek, we need inclusivity to succeed and diversity to lead. We understand that the best problem solving happens when diverse viewpoints and experiences are applied. We recognize that different perspectives, inclusivity, and trust build a stronger culture and add value to our firm. We celebrate our differences and strive to make meaningful progress toward becoming a more diverse company.
Please visit www.dudek.com to learn more!
Dudek is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Powered by JazzHR