Government Affairs - Spring Internship - Washington, DC - 2023
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Government Affairs- Spring Internship
Washington, DC 2023
Ducks Unlimited seeks a motivated college student or recent college graduate to serve in our Washington, DC office as an intern for the spring 2023 session. This person will assist in all facets of carrying out the public policy priorities of this office, including but not limited to assisting with major policy and fundraising events, tracking legislation, attending Congressional hearings, and representing Ducks Unlimited at coalition and partner meetings when necessary.
Ducks Unlimited is the world's largest nonprofit organization dedicated to conserving North America's continually disappearing waterfowl habitats. Established in 1937, Ducks Unlimited has conserved more than 15 million acres thanks to contributions from more than a million supporters across the continent. Guided by science and dedicated to program efficiency, DU works toward the vision of wetlands sufficient to fill the skies with waterfowl today, tomorrow, and forever. This intern will play a critical role in the success of DU’s governmental affairs and policy efforts that directly contribute to achieving the organization’s habitat mission. Candidates must be highly organized and have the ability to manage several tasks at once without requiring extensive supervision.
• Active college transcript or bachelor’s degree in political science, natural resources, agriculture, or preferred related field, if applicant is a college graduate.
• Familiarity with or keen interest in learning about congressional and federal regulatory processes.
• Knowledge of, and interest in wildlife, water resources, waterfowl, agriculture, Ducks Unlimited and/or outdoor recreation-related conservation issues.
• Manage and assist with the logistics related to DU events held in DC, including advocacy fly-ins, Capitol Hill banquets and other receptions and events.
• Support the governmental affairs team with scheduling Congressional and Administration meetings, conducting policy research, and providing general support for all public policy activities.
• Assist in the daily administration and organization of the DC governmental affairs office.
• Provide administrative and logistical support for internal and external meetings, materials preparation and tasks related to meeting follow-up.
• Provide staff support to DU’s volunteer Public Policy Committee.
• Support governmental affairs team lobbying efforts through developing, implementing and tracking policy-related information.
• Other office duties as assigned.
Job Type: Internship- Start Date: January 16, 2023, to May 31, 2023
Pay: $17.50 per hour
Work Location: Washington, DC
To Apply: Complete the online application materials at www.ducks.org/jobs. For further information regarding this position please contact Grant McKenzie at firstname.lastname@example.org .
DUCKS UNLIMITED, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Ducks Unlimited, Inc. to afford equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, military status, disability, age, or genetic information except where age or gender is a bona fide occupational qualification as allowed by the Civil Rights Act of 1964. It is the policy of Ducks Unlimited, Inc. to afford equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 or over), disability (physical, mental or visual), genetic information, marital status (including registered domestic partnership status), military and veteran status, immigration status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
Ducks Unlimited, Inc.
GovernmentView all jobs at Ducks Unlimited, Inc.
Get fresh Government Affairs Attorney jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.