- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Ducks Unlimited - North Dakota has an opening for a full-time Biologist 1. This role will work as a member of Ducks Unlimited’ s conservation team in North Dakota to deliver wetland, grassland, and other soil health conservation projects in the state with a targeted focus on the prairie pothole region. The successful applicant will primarily collaborate with landowners and conservation partners to identify and develop conservation projects that provide critical benefits to breeding waterfowl through federal, state, and other public funding opportunities. The successful candidate will report to the Manager of Conservation Programs for North Dakota.
- Partnership Program delivery.
- Work with public and private landowners to identify and implement wetland conservation projects.
- Advise landowners of opportunities to consider and enroll in available voluntary conservation programs available from federal, state, and other organizations.
- Assist fundraising staff with cultivating private contributions to the prairie pothole region.
- Coordinate restoration and land protection activities with other organizations and partners.
- Assist the North Dakota conservation team to analyze the effectiveness of conservation actions to improve and protect waterfowl habitat in high priority regions of North Dakota.
- Assist the North Dakota conservation team in public grant writing efforts to help secure the funding necessary to achieve the goals of DU’s prairie pothole initiative.
- Work with local DU committees to provide information on DU conservation efforts and assist with fundraising efforts as appropriate.
- Assist in developing press releases, articles, and presentations that increase public awareness of the issues surrounding waterfowl habitat in the prairie pothole region, the various efforts undertaken and/or supported by DU, and the successes achieved by DU and partners.
The work associated with this position will be primarily eastern North Dakota. The position is located in Bismarck, North Dakota but will require extensive travel.
Experience and Education: Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in wildlife biology or a related field. Demonstrated passion for conserving wetland ecosystems and waterfowl resources. Extensive knowledge of wetland ecology, wetland and grassland management, and waterfowl biology. Ability to collaborate with farmers, ranchers, agency biologists, DU volunteers. and DU major donors. Prefer experience with soil health, function, and regenerative agriculture practices in the U.S. Great Plains. Prefer experience with USDA Farm Bill conservation programs and federal conservation easement options. Prefer experience with wetland restoration and enhancement practices including hydrology restoration, watershed improvements, and grassland enhancement. Demonstrated ability to coordinate with conservation partners towards a strategic goal. Knowledge of state and federal agencies and conservation programs working to protect and restore wetlands and grasslands in an agriculturally dominated landscape., Prefer experience with non-profit fundraising efforts.
Communication Skills: Demonstrated skills in written communications, public speaking
Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrated skills in establishing good working relationships with landowners and partners.
Closing Date for applications: July 8, 2022
For more information regarding this position, contact Tanner Gue at Ducks Unlimited, 2525 River Road, Bismarck, ND 58503-9011; Phone (701) 355-3592.
The successful candidate must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, per the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force COVID-19 Workplace Safety - Guidance for Federal Contractors and Subcontractors. Upon employment, he/she will be required to show proof of full vaccination, or apply for a medical or religious exemption from this requirement
DUCKS UNLIMITED, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Ducks Unlimited, Inc. to afford equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, military status, disability, age, or genetic information except where age or gender is a bona fide occupational qualification as allowed by the Civil Rights Act of 1964. It is the policy of Ducks Unlimited, Inc. to afford equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 or over), disability (physical, mental or visual), genetic information, marital status (including registered domestic partnership status), military and veteran status, immigration status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
Ducks Unlimited, Inc.
ScienceView all jobs at Ducks Unlimited, Inc.